cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

come on samsung!!! support nvidia

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

VRR enables  on Q90T/Q95T but has issues with black levels being broken.

Highlighted
Astronaut

457.09 driver is out, it seems to fix the black blinking screen. But I do get terrible lagg in games.  In the info for this new version it have added new g-sync comatible screens, but not for Q9FN.

Please Samsung fix this or I buy a new tv, then it wont be anymore Samsung products.

Highlighted
Constellation

Excellent news for Qled 2019 owners: YES, it's hard to belive but freesync over HDMI for Nvidia GPUs finally works !!! Smiley Happy

Tested on multiple games, mostly Ubisoft titles.

My config:

GPU: RTX 2070, 457.09 GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

TV: 65" QLED QE65Q67RAT, FIRMWARE 1371.0 (firmware downloaded from Samsung support site and updated manually, it was not available through auto update)

Gsync compatible option enabled in Nvidia control panel

TV settings freesync set to "best" option

Game mode on

Input set to PC

Just set refresh rate to 120hz at 1440p/1080p in games (on 60hz upper part of the screen is tearing)

It is clearly diplayed on options bar icon (freesync icon overlay) and after pressing central circle on remote (input signal info) you can read variable refresh rate info in real time

WOW, Assassin Creed and Wildlands look so much smoother now, nice Smiley Very Happy

IMG_20201102_210314.jpgIMG_20201102_210336.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

At NU8000 so far unchanged.

Highlighted
Constellation

Not working for me either. TV is Samsung Q6FN (2018), FW updated to latest 1310. NVidia drivers latest, cable in HDMI 1. Maybe next time.

Edit: Tested with 2070 Super, not working.

Highlighted
Asteroid

seems you may need a 2000 series nvidia card or higher for this to work but not confirmed yet.

tested a q8fn with a msi 1660ti and 1070ti and gsync is not working.

anyone who can verify a working card for this lineup please share

q6fn,q7fn,q8fn,q9fn

Highlighted
Asteroid

ok finally got around to testing a RTX 2060 on the Q8fn!

Sadly tho Gsync still does not work on this model.

looks to be the only way left to get vrr on q8fn is to wait for AMD 6800xt that launches next week.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Holy smokes! It's true! G-sync works on my 65" Q80R with firmware 1371.0

Thanks userTqLsT72Ss9 for informing us. I initially couldn't get it to work, but I found that G-sync would only function correctly on HDMI 1. My AMD RX 5700 would work on any port, so this is an important distinction.

My config:

GPU: GTX 1660Ti, 457.09 GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER
TV: 65" QLED QN65Q80RAFXZA, FIRMWARE 1371.0 (firmware downloaded from Samsung support site and updated manually, it was not available through auto update)

I checked the 'Enable G-Sync,G-sync Compatible' box and the 'Enable settings for the selected display model' in Nvidia Control Panel to force enable Gsync.

I then opened my TV's settings and enabled Game Mode, then set Freesync to Ultimate
I only had time to run the G-sync Pendulum demo before I had to go to work, but verified that VRR was working on the TV in both Fullscreen and Windowed modes.

IMG_20201103_084740.jpgIMG_20201103_084751.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

RTX 3080 arrived friday. I can confirm G-sync working on this card and Q70 TV, FIRMWARE 1371.0 and latest geforce drivers, also HDMI 1. It did not work on older GTX 1080 Ti.
Forced game to drop below 60 FPS 4k and can see that frequency displayed on TV is synchronised with the framerate shown within the game.
For a while, I was cursing Nvidia and Samsung, now there is harmony.
This, curry, and vodka is all I need to get though a lockdown, happy days.

20201106_154036[103].jpg