cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

The sentance is a little broken but yes, I would prefer to spend my money on something that will work better for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I can't believe they can't tell you anything. I have bought a ton of things from Samsung. They make great products, but that doesn't mattter when you ignore your customers. If they would let us know something. There might be a reason they can't but let us know. I can't support a company that doesn't support me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Me too. Every phone since s3 and now a q70 qled.   Disgraceful.....☹️

Highlighted
Constellation

please add it by firmware. The pc gaming market all use Nvidia cards at the moment. They are a big untapped market for samsung that LG understands. If samsung starts support g-sync trough hdmi the Samsung tvs would be the first choice. Even if Samsung needs a new one connect box to do it I and a lot of other people would flock to Samsung. LG now have monopoly on gsync tvs that not are made by nvidia. 
Dear Samsung, you must do this, don't fall in the shade by your competitors. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Gonna add to the pile here. Just bought a 2080ti and while my Radeon VII supported adaptive sync my upgraded video card will not. I would like this addressed or I will have no choice but to purchase LG products moving forwards.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's working, I've only tried 4k and it's no magic bullet for frame pacing but it works. I should specify that it only works for me if I uncheck “enable settings for the selected display model” in the Nvidia Control Panel.

55NU8000 on firmware 1292.1, get it either from the Q6 or Canadian site.

2080 Super FE on version 445.75

Highlighted
Asteroid

the checkbox must be enabled for gsync to function properly.

download the gsync pendulum demo and if you can click the gsync box in the upper left corner, then your good.

https://www.nvidia.com/coolstuff/demos#!/g-sync

Highlighted
Asteroid

You are correct, kinda bummed again.

Highlighted
Constellation

Is it working properly? No flickering issues or disengaging etc? Have you tested it on a game?

I'd prefer to get a samsung qled tv with VRR to replace my 4k 6290 samsung but only if gsync compatible is working other wise I been looking at getting lg cx 55"(already released) or 48"(release in june) (LG OLED55CXPUA) but even as a secondary screen for gaming I am a little worried about burn-in especially with the price being no joke at 2600$ canadian.

Highlighted
Asteroid

No.... it was false hope. Checked it with the pendulum test and it was either off or just failed like usual.