JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

(Topic created on: 9/11/19 6:48 AM)
useriOMjjlk7AG
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes Nvidia is finally supporting G-sync through HDMI with a driver update later this year for VRR TV's and monitors. Read Here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/lg-gsync-compatible-hdmi-big-screen-gaming/ 

What are the chances of the samsung 2018-2019 VRR TV's working with this. I'm asking because i have the 2018 Q8FN which supports VRR. Would it be possible for you guys to release a firmware update to help make this work properly like LG is doing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
121 Replies
usersUD7IYEbRx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

No.... it was false hope. Checked it with the pendulum test and it was either off or just failed like usual.

0 Likes
userI8wjb9Ciew
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I can confirm this issue with UE55NU8009 and GTX 1660.

The screen flickers very bad, games are unplayable with this.

A firmware update would be very much appreciated!

userrXlzWvyWwb
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I was almost dropping money on the Q90 and I found out that I couldn't enable Gsync. What a shame, especially considering LG has released a firmware update on this matter. C'mon Samsung, you really want to drop the ball so hard and let the competitor smoke you like that? We need that update, if not now, at least let us know if you're working on it! A lot of people is waiting for that update so that they can buy a qled tv, you're losing customers by not releasing a firmware or even a statement about the future implementation of gysnc!

userhHHQwY647B
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same here. I thought I had found the perfect TV until i found out that you can't use Gsync through the HDMI. Not gonna drop thousands of dollars if it doesn't allow you to do this. 

userrXlzWvyWwb
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It would be enough just to know the list of the compatible tvs... let's keep this thread growing, maybe samsung will notice the demands of their customers. The 15th of may there will be the presentation of ampere, let's hope we get some info and let's also hope that nvidia will make freesync available on hdmi 2.1 (I strongly believe the new cards will have 2.1 ports), so that at least I know if there's a chance I can use the q90 as a monitor with the new cards.

userrXlzWvyWwb
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

usermvMQ1TtAtD
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

It's really a shame I just read and article where they are bragging about these tvs being great for gaming. Yet majority of PC users that would be interested in such tvs use nvidia cards.  If LG has like a exclusive deal for 1 year would be nice to know. I'm likely just going to end up getting LG CX 55" soon or 48" when it releases I'm tired of waiting.

Options
Qled and Frame

LG TVs can't handle this, either?

0 Likes
userrXlzWvyWwb
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

They can, they support 120hz and official g-sync. In fact, I'm tired of samsung's lack of support, I'm buying a C9. I'm warning you samsung, I'm just one of the many users who are switching to LG due to your silence.

Options
Qled and Frame

Then moving off Samsung's system makes sense. I'm not a gamer. I am very happy with the picture quality on my Q70R, but really disappointed with their firmware/software. I try to treat it only as a display, but still get a stupid rotating circle; or a message that there's no signal; or subtitles that dim with a picture. All this after my efforts at getting the best, most accurate picture. At least I don't worry about VRR or the tv turning on without my command. While it's in warranty, based on all the complaints here, I hafta assume my Samsung tv operates as designed.