cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: October 2020: what happened to the JULY and now OCTOBER eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

I wouldn't get too excited over the e-ARC update. I've read on the Q90T, e-ARC doesn't even pass multi-channel PCM (so not e-ARC at all then!) and I expect the Q90R to be the same half-baked implementation.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: October 2020: what happened to the JULY and now OCTOBER eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

I recently bought a brand new Denon AVR-X series amplifier for my Q900R TV thinking that I will be able to get eARC from my TV to my sound system. If eARC has not been updated, we need to understand what this TV is even capable of? 

After owning the TV for a couple of months, here are my observations - 

1.  No YouTube 8K support

2. No true HDMI 2.1 support

3. No way to play 8K content even from a USB drive - tried multiple times to no avail.

I am wondering rather than looking for Craig Cunningham's e-mail who is in Europe, why can't the community forum moderator put us in touch with the VP of Marketing for US?

Lack of the promised support requires a class action lawsuit to bring Samsung's management to task to fulfill their obligation to the customers. 

My fear though is that upgrading to get eARC or other HDMI 2.1 features might not be a simple answer if the main boards (The one in the TV - not the one connect box) Chipset is not capable of a true HDMI 2.1 implementation.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been waiting and waiting for earl update now for nearly a year. The reason I bought the 75" Q900 is the promise of earn support. I'll never buy a Samsung device ever again. This is not the first time Samsung duped its customers. What a shame!!!