Original topic:

One Remote Voice Cmd Inop in YouTube

(Topic created on: 1/9/20 1:44 PM)
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

My TV is a Q8FNB 55”. 

Today voice commands stopped working in the YouTube app.

When I select the microphone in the app and press the mic button on the One remote, the red reception indicator in the upper left brightens and flashes twice before I get the message, ”Didn’t hear that. Try again”

i tried a reset reset by pressing and holding the “Back” and “4 Color/Number” buttons simultaneously until the LED stopped flashing to no avail. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

You can send us a private message here with this link. https://bit.ly/33nV7pS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Is YouTube the only app that it isn't working for?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Jeez, that’s an excellent question. I should have checked before posting, sorry about that. 

The microphone on the One remote does not function in any app.

When I press the mic button on the remote the remote LED flashes but the TV does not respond at all. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Try disconnecting the remote and then reconnecting it. That might work out for you.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-control-the-tv-with-the-rem...

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I removed the batteries and held the power button for >8 seconds. No help. 

I then changed the batteries in the remote, still no response except for the message stating , “Hmm, we’re having trouble connecting”. 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I would like to look into this a bit further. Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Message sent, thank you Al!

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Additionally, the “Color/Number” button and the “Ambient Mode” buttons no longer function.

Now when I press the mic button a message appears that states, “Hmm, we’re having trouble connecting”

I re-paired by pressing the “Return” and the “Play/Pause” buttons simultaneously and held the power button until the QLED logo reappeared. 

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

The television now functions correctly, I don’t know why it works now and did not work yesterday.

If someone did something to fix it, thank you!

Thank you Al for the options. 

0 Likes
jamiecoop1967
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Follow up:

The remote voice control worked for ~1 hour. When I turned the television off and returned several hours later, the One remote did not seem to hear the commands. 

0 Likes