cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything to get 120hz on my PS5. I changed settings to performance mode in the PS5. I have put game mode on with free sync basic and ultimate. I changed resolution to everything 1080p and 4K. Nothing is registering on the PS5 that the tv does 120hz?? When I'm pretty sure it does on hdmi input 4. Help!!!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got it to work, I was playing on the PS4 Cold War version not the PS5 version. The weird thing is, my PS5 should show 120hz in the video output settings and it doesn't. But when I go to Cold War PS5 version it does automatically change to 1080p @120hz now. So that's good, still don't know why in settings screen & video, why doesn't it show 120hz in the video output section. 

View solution in original post

Reply
Loading...
30 REPLIES 30
Constellation

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what you are doing, but I have PS5 on performance and hdmi in port 2 (that's shouldn't matter) and I get 120hz on COD Cold War. It is noted that you use the cable that comes with console or similar that is an ultra speed hdmi cable. Not all games will render 120hz of course 

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While it shouldn't stop you getting 120hz it does matter which HDMI port you use. At least on the Q90R anyway, port 4 has 24Gpbs bandwidth instead of 18Gbps so you'll get a better HDR chroma image using port 4. 

Reply
Loading...
Asteroid

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got it to work, I was playing on the PS4 Cold War version not the PS5 version. The weird thing is, my PS5 should show 120hz in the video output settings and it doesn't. But when I go to Cold War PS5 version it does automatically change to 1080p @120hz now. So that's good, still don't know why in settings screen & video, why doesn't it show 120hz in the video output section. 

View solution in original post

Reply
Loading...
Asteroid

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my surprise the Q80r (with one connect box)worked 4k 120 Freesync HDR full hdmi 2.1.specs! Good job SamsungA88E2AF7-6FE2-4AEF-822E-997D50DC4B1E.jpeg

 

20563490-AA3C-46E2-BD9E-8278F5CE2300.jpeg

 

Reply
Loading...
Asteroid

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome! I wish they would make the Q80R without the one connect box do 4K @120hz. 

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1UE3tArC6C wrote:

In my surprise the Q80r (with one connect box)worked 4k 120 Freesync HDR full hdmi 2.1.specs! Good job SamsungA88E2AF7-6FE2-4AEF-822E-997D50DC4B1E.jpeg

 

20563490-AA3C-46E2-BD9E-8278F5CE2300.jpeg

 



I'm just wondering how you managed to get 4K@120hz. I have also Q80R with one connect box and with original cable from PS5 in the output settings shows maximum 60Hz. Software version is 1372. Can you make us a screenshot on your output information and software version please?

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userayQZaLOxdO wrote:

@user1UE3tArC6C wrote:

In my surprise the Q80r (with one connect box)worked 4k 120 Freesync HDR full hdmi 2.1.specs! Good job SamsungA88E2AF7-6FE2-4AEF-822E-997D50DC4B1E.jpeg

 

20563490-AA3C-46E2-BD9E-8278F5CE2300.jpeg

 



I'm just wondering how you managed to get 4K@120hz. I have also Q80R with one connect box and with original cable from PS5 in the output settings shows maximum 60Hz. Software version is 1372. Can you make us a screenshot on your output information and software version please?


@user1UE3tArC6C can you please confirm the above?

Reply
Loading...
Cosmic Ray

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userayQZaLOxdO wrote:

@userayQZaLOxdO wrote:

@user1UE3tArC6C wrote:

In my surprise the Q80r (with one connect box)worked 4k 120 Freesync HDR full hdmi 2.1.specs! Good job SamsungA88E2AF7-6FE2-4AEF-822E-997D50DC4B1E.jpeg

 

20563490-AA3C-46E2-BD9E-8278F5CE2300.jpeg

 



I'm just wondering how you managed to get 4K@120hz. I have also Q80R with one connect box and with original cable from PS5 in the output settings shows maximum 60Hz. Software version is 1372. Can you make us a screenshot on your output information and software version please?


@user1UE3tArC6Ccan you please confirm the above?


Are you working in samsung or you are making @samsung propaganda? 

Reply
Loading...
Asteroid

Re: Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nop I am not working for Samsung and what other prove u needed? Just took more pictures today FY

FB8D5569-A07A-4043-8CA0-E5EFE2C17DDA.jpeg

 

042D1850-482B-4F77-B323-3C7C4A7AEA5D.jpeg

 

4464DEDD-F02C-46BF-84D0-FC23F0860AEE.jpeg

 

Reply
Loading...