JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Playstation 5 Q80R(us) no 120hz showing

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 04:39 PM)
userKQgSTVN8Kp
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have tried everything to get 120hz on my PS5. I changed settings to performance mode in the PS5. I have put game mode on with free sync basic and ultimate. I changed resolution to everything 1080p and 4K. Nothing is registering on the PS5 that the tv does 120hz?? When I'm pretty sure it does on hdmi input 4. Help!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userVABPGJFa7C
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
I've tried it in the arc port 4 only so far
userayQZaLOxdO
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userVABPGJFa7C wrote:
I've tried it in the arc port 4 only so far

Just trialed myself on Q80R with one connect the COD Black Ops and couldn't get more than 1080p 120hz NO HDR and HDCP shows 1.4 from 2.3 which is weird. Worst case scenario should've been HDCP 2.2 as shown in PS4 Pro. I think the problem is from PS software since XBOX owners are reporting for same Q90R/80R with one connect that 4k 120hz  4:2:0 10 bit is working fine. But that's not confirmed. Not sure what more to try from here. Anyone from Samsung to tell us the reality, whatever would that be, would be very much appreciated. @samsung978531 

0 Likes
userayQZaLOxdO
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@uservVT0Y9QDm6 wrote:

Freesync was already off, also can't change it to 120hz in coldwar settings, even though the tv shows its is playing in 120hz 1080

Just trialed myself on Q80R with one connect the COD Black Ops and couldn't get more than 1080p 120hz NO HDR and HDCP shows 1.4 from 2.3 which is weird. Worst case scenario should've been HDCP 2.2 as shown in PS4 Pro. I think the problem is from PS software since XBOX owners are reporting for same Q90R/80R with one connect that 4k 120hz 4:2:0 10 bit is working fine. But that's not confirmed. Not sure what more to try from here. Anyone from Samsung to tell us the reality, whatever would that be, would be very much appreciated. @samsung978531

0 Likes
userLyZ8S13CoK
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userayQZaLOxdO wrote:

@uservVT0Y9QDm6 wrote:

Freesync was already off, also can't change it to 120hz in coldwar settings, even though the tv shows its is playing in 120hz 1080

Just trialed myself on Q80R with one connect the COD Black Ops and couldn't get more than 1080p 120hz NO HDR and HDCP shows 1.4 from 2.3 which is weird. Worst case scenario should've been HDCP 2.2 as shown in PS4 Pro. I think the problem is from PS software since XBOX owners are reporting for same Q90R/80R with one connect that 4k 120hz 4:2:0 10 bit is working fine. But that's not confirmed. Not sure what more to try from here. Anyone from Samsung to tell us the reality, whatever would that be, would be very much appreciated. @samsung978531

Any updates on this!?

0 Likes
userVABPGJFa7C
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
the tv isn't capable of 120hz 4k. in cold war it will be 1080p 120hz max
0 Likes
userayQZaLOxdO
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userVABPGJFa7C wrote:
the tv isn't capable of 120hz 4k. in cold war it will be 1080p 120hz max

The tv is capable and mentioned also in the manual. Only the one connect models !

0 Likes
userVABPGJFa7C
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
is that version sold outside the US? I cannot find any reference to the q80r being compatible with one connect here.
0 Likes
userayQZaLOxdO
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userVABPGJFa7C wrote:
is that version sold outside the US? I cannot find any reference to the q80r being compatible with one connect here.

Q80R in GCC came with one connect and I guess the same model is named Q85R in Europe .

0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
Um, where did yall get the one connect box version?! Anyways! My TV can't play 120hz!it's running the latest update... Using HDMI 4.... HAVE CHANGED CABLES! Nothing. Any suggestions? PS5 and games are set to performance...
0 Likes
userayQZaLOxdO
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Focr06 wrote:
Um, where did yall get the one connect box version?! Anyways! My TV can't play 120hz!it's running the latest update... Using HDMI 4.... HAVE CHANGED CABLES! Nothing. Any suggestions? PS5 and games are set to performance...

Q80R was launched with 2 versions: with or without ONE Connect box. For example USA got only the model without one connect box, EU got both models with the one connect models renamed as Q85R, ME got the One Connect versions only. Etc.

For your version, I don't think your tv even supports 120hz. Check the manual but as far as I recall, for the 2019 TV models the 120 hz option is limited for the One Connect models only.

0 Likes