cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Please!! Samsung..Add G-sync compatible support

I recently purchased a Q70r (65) but I am considering exchanging it for an LG C9 due to G-sync support with a firmware update. I really want to keep the Q70 as I prefer it and the price is lower than LG OLED. Please Samsung, Do what you have to do to enable G-sync compatibility, If it requires you guys to deal with Nvidia over licensing etc is fine. I gaurentee you will sell more TV's, especially since TV's are slowly replacing traditional gaming computer monitors.  MUCH more people use Nvida cards over Radeon. Please add support for it, I know with a proper firmware update it can work through HDMI

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Please!! Samsung..Add G-sync compatible support

hi @userhkSL8LHK7q 

For your TV you can enable Gsync thru https://www.windowscentral.com/node/50915 even though it doesn't say that it supports it. it still does work because of the Freesync functionality 

you can still enable it as a Gsync compatible for more information https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-turn-your-freesync-monitor-into-a-g-sync-monitor

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

According to Rtings - Q70R does not support G-Sync like other Samsung TVs.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yup, LG is going to displace Samsung in gaming circles because Samsung is not embracing features their gamer market wants. OLED is chopping down latency and burn-in is increasingly becoming more rare and not very relevant anymore. LG provides earc and gysnc now. My q70r unfortunately no earc and no gysnc compatibility while it is likely capable of earc feature set just like the 80t and likely can be tweaked to work with nvidia . While I do like my TV unfortunately Samsung appears to he freezing mid-tier gamers out of an affordable solution to maximize their gaming experience who purchased only a year ago. The new Samsung 80t is basically the same TV with more backlighting and better firmware that I'm confident the Q70r could run as well. Rather than do what LG does and make their very recent customer continue to get the most out of their very recent big purchase with firmware that enables features the hardware is capable of, we are forced to look at an 80t which laughably is the refresh of the q70r which is confusing customers further. Further more even promised firmware updates take a century. Their whole mid to premium soundbar lineup last year q70r-q90r took a year or more to finally get the earc update promised at time of purchase. Until the firmware update their own soundbars laughably worked better with other TVs they were directly competing against because of the latency of the arc port and Samsung's decision to wait a year on earc so they could bone their 2019 customers. I'm sorry to say if firmware does not get released to maximize the abilities of my TV, then I will be taking a hard look at what TCL and LG are offering for my next TV and my next purchase will be soon. I guess I can just put the q70r in the bedroom and get a TV that can keep up with the 2020 tech coming out. Fool me once. That's it. PS5, Xbox Series X, Nvidia Ampere. I want 4k @120hz with the gambit of vrr compatibility. This is possible. It just needs doing. Also can we stop the format war with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. TCL will support both so I dont have to worry which becomes more relevant. Samsung is living off its brand but people are starting to notice they arent living up to their name lately.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'd love to see g-sync support on my Q90R.