JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Power Cycling QN55Q60

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 07:37 AM)
userZC0nteu21B
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

My 55” QLED TV started power cycling last night. Can’t even keep my TV plugged in because it will continue to cycle on/off every 10 seconds. The ‘Samsung QLED’ screen comes up but the home screen never appears. The TV turns back off and cycles again before this is possible. I am now countless hours into researching this and I see on the Samsung forum that this is a HUGE issue (and also a known one..). My TV isn’t even two years old. Looked up BB charge this morning and confirmed I purchased Dec 2019.. truly disappointed..

I have tried - unplugging-from both wall and tv, unplugging all external hdmi connections, disconnecting router to force-stop firmware update, and have tried the random suggestions as well, such as holding the power button on the tv, replacing batteries in remote, etc. I have seen a few suggestions around updating firmware with a flash drive but don’t have confidence in my skill set to do this properly. And suggestions from other Samsung customers?

Is my >2-year old tv really doing this..?? I am speechless.. I can’t believe I’m not even able to keep my tv plugged in… Based on the 100+ comments around this challenge, sounds like Samsung should stand by their product and take care of this for me. And Samsung, please don’t send me the standard troubleshooting message. I am way past level 1 support. Thanks. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
userng7moL6MZ0
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

My Q90R just started doing this too. 2 years old and $3,300 down the drain.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on. This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote. If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

1. Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.

2. Inspect the power cord for damage.

Check the power cord to see if there is any visible damage. If the power cord appears to be damaged. You can get a replacement at samsungparts.com.

You can search for your TV model to find the exact power cord you need.

3. Plug the TV power cord back into the wall outlet.

If you were using a surge protector, bypass it for now and use a wall outlet.

4. Try to update the software.

In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however. If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV. Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

5. Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

TVs which can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically. However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
miraclemillie
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
Thank you
0 Likes
userZC0nteu21B
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

SAMSUNG SUPPORT - DO NOT close out this post because you then limit the ability for replies of community members that might actually be helpful. Unlike your standard reply on my original post-which means you didn’t even read my original post or you would know that I CANNOT get to my settings screen because my tv cycles on/off EVERY 10 SECONDS. Sending me a standard reply is NOT useful and Do you not think I have already researched what you sent me before I Went to the effort to post here? I REPEAT, Samsung, do not close out this post. In addition, for everyone that took the time to reply to my original post, Samsung has disabled my ability to see your original replies. Not sure of their purpose with doing this but not happy at all. Possible to repost your replies to this thread? Thank you all so so much in advance. (I have gone from a slightly irritated customer to a really angry customer based on this posting experience..)

My 55” QLED TV started power cycling last night. Can’t even keep my TV plugged in because it will continue to cycle on/off every 10 seconds. The ‘Samsung QLED’ screen comes up but the home screen never appears. The TV turns back off and cycles again before this is possible. I am now countless hours into researching this and I see on the Samsung forum that this is a HUGE issue (and also a known one..). My TV isn’t even two years old. Looked up BB charge this morning and confirmed I purchased Dec 2019.. truly disappointed..

I have tried - unplugging-from both wall and tv, unplugging all external hdmi connections, disconnecting router to force-stop firmware update, and have tried the random suggestions as well, such as holding the power button on the tv, replacing batteries in remote, etc. I have seen a few suggestions around updating firmware with a flash drive but don’t have confidence in my skill set to do this properly. And suggestions from other Samsung customers?

Is my >2-year old tv really doing this..?? I am speechless.. I can’t believe I’m not even able to keep my tv plugged in… Based on the 100+ comments around this challenge, sounds like Samsung should stand by their product and take care of this for me. And Samsung, please don’t send me the standard troubleshooting message. I am way past level 1 support. Thanks. 

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

We sincerely apologize for any frustration, however, we will be blocking this thread from further replies,  as there is an accepted solution. If the troubleshooting steps were completed, and the symptoms have not gotten better,  service is required. Meaning you will have to get your unit repaired. 

We've found leaving comments open causes more of an issue, as people are not reading the accepted solutions, and they get buried among unnecessary comments.  By block replies, we can keep the thread clean and it will make it easier for other users to locate the accepted solution.

If you have a similar issue but somewhat different, please feel free to create a new post, or would like to provide alternative details if you're the original poster of the thread or it didn't resolve your symptoms, you're welcome to reach out to a moderator via private message to discuss further. We thank you for being a part of the community and appreciate all posts, but we have to make sure we keep things maintain properly and keep our threads clean as possible 🙂 Thank you for your understanding.  

Please make sure to review the guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817 

If you ever have any questions about why something is moderated in a certain manner feel free to reach out to a moderator directly, out of respect, rather than posting on a thread We're always welcome to discuss it with you directly. 

0 Likes
user4zaryb0q5Q
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
Yesterday my QLED tv that's basically brand new. Just kept powering off and in by itself. Anyone else have this problem.? 
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi there!  I get how annoying that can be!  Here is a link with some things to check with your television.  Give them a shot.  If they don't work,  service would be the next suggestion.  If you end up needing to go that route, please send me a private message by clicking my name and using the private message option.  .  

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-the-samsung-tv-that-keep...

0 Likes
user4zaryb0q5Q
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
Yeah it really stinks, after spending basically $1,000 it looks like imma have too spend more too get it serviced.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

We can look into service options with you.  Could you send a private message with the full model and serial number?  

0 Likes