Original topic:

Q-Symphony not working

(Topic created: 10-16-2020 02:28 PM)
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I can't seem to get the Q-symphony feature to work on my new QN65Q7DTAFXZA tv (2020 model) and new soundbar HW-Q60T/ZA (2020 model).  I've connected the soundbar to the TV via HDMI as the manual instructs, and set the sound bar source to D.IN (TV arc), which is supposed to add a "Sound Output" option under TV settings (TV + Soundbar), but TV + Soundbar does not appear under sound output.  Over the past week I've spent almost 3 hours talking with 3 different Samsung support technicians, and none of them seemed to know what Q-Symphony was or the sound setting referenced in the manual.  Ultimately after about 45 mins of troubleshooting with each of them, they each said it should be working and they don't know why.  The 3rd technician tonight now wants me to mail the sound bar to a repair depot so it can be diagnosed...which is a terribly inconvenient option. 

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and figured out how to resolve it?  I really don't want to have to mail back a brand new sound bar and wait who knows how long before having it returned/replaced.  If it matters, the sound bar was purchased directly from Samsung.com.

BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

As suspected, mailing the soundbar to the repair depot was a complete waste of time.  Just got a notification that they are sending it back to me.  The repair summary states:  "NO PROBLEM FOUND"

I don't know what to do at this point, but I am beyond frustrated.  Every tech I've talked to has confirmed that my TV and soundbar models support q-symphony, but it's not working and Samsung's best solution was to mail the soundbar in for repairs when nothing was wrong with it.

BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Update:  I'm returning my soundbar and TV and going with a competitor's brand.

Longer story:

Samsung's website advertising q-symphony has inaccurate information.  Quote:  "Q-Symphony is supported on 2020 QLED 4K and 8K TVs..."

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086542/

It doesn't say *some* 2020 models, it says 2020 QLED 4k and 8K, implying all 2020 QLEDs support q-symphony.  So I specifically bought the 2020 model instead of 2019 for this feature, and the q60t soundbar specifically for q-symphony, but it appears I'm sh*t out of luck.

The first 5-6 Samsung "Pros" I spoke with over the past few weeks troubleshooting why it wasn't working, assured me my TV model (Q7DT (Costco's version of Q70T) supports q-symphony.  After wasting countless hours troubleshooting over the phone and via remote service with techs said they had exhausted all options and were convinced my soundbar was defective.  I was 99% sure that wasn't the problem but they insisted that was my last option.  I mailed it to repair depot and they mailed it back saying nothing was wrong.  When I called in to Samsung again today I'm now being told the q70T model doesn't support q-symphony, despite being told otherwise by several Samsung Pros the past few weeks and despite the conflicting information on their own website.  They deflect and say q-symphony is not listed on the TV's spec sheet as a feature and therefore does not support it.

Hands down this is my worst experience with any company's technical support and customer service, and I have Comcast cable, so that should tell you something.  I'm returning the TV and soundbar and don't think I'll ever buy Samsung again.

Good luck to the rest of you.

user5JwF9oSHl1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am experancing the same issue  Q80T 49" TV and a Q60T sound bar. Tv and sounds won't work together and support is stumped. I will be returning to Best Buy soon. 

0 Likes
useruZb47KcCSG
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here.  I have a two-week old Q80T (49") and a day-old Q70T soundbar.  Both manuals say Q-Symphony is supported, but after connecting correctly TV Speakers + Soundbar doesn't appear as an option. And like a few other customers mentioned, I HATE returning either peice but will likely wait for a firmware update (TV and/or Soundbar). I must also say both the TV and soundbar do a fine job in general, jsut disappointed at not having the option of Q-Symphony.  At the end-of-the-day, it sure seems like a pretty crappy sales gimmick to get folks to purchase a Samsung soundbar when there are likely many better sounding products out there. I won't ever recommend a Samsung product again due to their deceptive advertising tactics.

0 Likes
userYXvKw636mu
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086542/

Found just now that the Q70T is not supported for Q-Symphony.  Only Q80T and higher

0 Likes
userqRXGs3kUJK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hubby and I had the same problem. You have to go to your TV's Sound menu, Expert Config and turn on the eArc and Dolby Atmos configs. That's what worked for us!

0 Likes
userCPI8PfnZrL
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with 49Q80T TV and HW-Q60T soundbar.

After communication with Samsung, that was a horrible experience:

I have contacted with customer service (CS), she said that this combination can work with Q-symphony. I asked her to test by their product before sending my speaker for repair. She said that their IT team has tested and worked perfectly, thereby my speaker is malfunction.

Few hours later, IT team called me and told that, 49Q80T TV doesn't support Q-symphony. How come Samsung team had tested and worked perfectly, but at last found out that's not working at all? CS lied to me! IT team explained that she may just find the specification in the Internet, shown that 49Q80T can work perfectly with HW-Q60T soundbar, so she just "lie" that they tested. (she can say "it should work" but not "we have tested").

That means their webpage misguides not only customers, also their CS. It deceives us and finally the CS team admitted that, which they promised me to revise the words in website.

At last, I found that they did NOT do anything to improve that, have NOT revised the misguided line in the webpage (which they have promised me), have NOT updated the firmware, to make 49Q80T TV + HW-Q60T with Q-symphony. (that's not difficult to do in such hi-tech company).

As there's no any following up, I send an e-mail to samsung CEO (which appears in CS page in my region), telling the whole story again.
Their "professional" reply:

"Please be noticed that our top management are well received your feedback. Thank you again for giving us your valuable feedback and comments.

Yours Sincerely
CEO Representative"

which completely ignore my questions and request.

Good job! Samsung!

Members_wyxiTIu
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi everyone.  I just purchase a Q80T TV and Q70T soundbar and had the exact same issue that everyone was reporting.  I got mine working by going into the TV settings / Sound / then chose TV + sound bar.   This menu option was not in the settings menu that showed all the icons.  It's in the settings in the blue square that shows options Picture / Sound / Broadcasting / General / Support.  I have my sound bar connected to the HDMI arc port on the TV.

user2M1vGkxUKr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

That worked for me also!  I knew it was supported because I had seen it come up at various times during my various changes at configuration. So is it possible that the setting was not available in the icon menu but was always available in the other menu? Surprising that Samsung Support did not realize this also.  But that's good news that it works! 🙂

0 Likes
userXAL3UUUZ8J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Not sure if anyone wanted an update but it seems like q symphony does work on q70t tv with soundbar after the latest update! Thanks samsung