JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q60 70 inch loses internet connection when turned off

(Topic created: 10-24-2020 08:40 PM)
userlLqWJn0xjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Q60 70 inch QLED TV that when turned off for any length of time disconnects from the internet requiring a soft reset to reconnect once I turn it back on.  I have three other smart TV's in the house that do not do this.  The WiFi is strong.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version of the unit so that we can best assist. Have you tried a factory reset of the unit?

0 Likes
userlLqWJn0xjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Model: QN70Q6DTAFXZA

SOFTWARE VERSION: T-NKLAKUC-1401.7, BT-S

Have not tried a factory reset, as I do not really look forward to re-inputing all of my app info.

MaryS910
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sadly, this is a common problem on Samsung TVs. I unplug/replug my 8000 series daily which automatically reconnects the wifi. Apparently, Samsung is aware of the issue as there are many posts about this. 

0 Likes
userlLqWJn0xjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

With as many as they must have recently sold through Sams Club and Costco they are going to have many unhappy customers and a likely class action suit if they don't come up with a fix.

0 Likes
userlLqWJn0xjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Any suggestions Gill?

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

If the troubleshooting presented does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlLqWJn0xjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

There really was not a lot of troubleshooting offered, 1 suggestion from 1 person.  Having a service technician take a look involves me coordinating that with my work schedule and having a stranger in my house in the midst of a pandemic.  There are enough reports out there of this happening that Samsung knows it's an issue.  Is a solution being worked on or not? If not let me know so I can take this thing back to Costco.

Samsung_VICTOR
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Be sure to have the App "SmartThings" recognize your TV properly!

0 Likes
Satru
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame
you have dhcp for automatic detection of the ip and dns, maybe if in the switcher you assign fix ip to the tv or similar option.
0 Likes