JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q6FN remote control "Home" button not working

(Topic created: 12-24-2018 02:14 PM)
userH3XjfVkjtX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Q6FN (2018) model which is 2 days old. Last night I was in the settings adjusting the picture for the first time and today when the television was turned on, the Home button on the remote doesn't do anything. Light flashes red on the remote, no menus, no app bar, no nothing. Can't change inputs with the remote, settings or really anything important at all.

I researched it a bit and have tried the following so far: I unplugged the television while off, waited and then plugged it in. Power it up (with the remote) and still nothing. Repeated that process a few times. I have also re-synced the remote (hold Play / Back simultaneously for 3 seconds). It re-syncs successfully, still nothing. All the other buttons on the remote function normal, even the "long" press function of home works which brings up the remote assistance reference number. Short press of Home to access pretty much anything important is the culprit.

Other solutions I've read involve accessing settings to reset the Smart Hub etc. which is of course impossible because I can't get to the settings in the first place.

A little side note for flavor: 7 months ago I got a full refund on a Samsung KS8500 which had 4 repairs in a single YEAR, under warranty. After battling Samsung. I SWORE I would never buy another Samsung product and sat on the money until 2 days ago where after a lot of research I decided to take the leap...give them a second chance. It has the features I want (gaming). It looks great, price isn't bad. My frustration level is well beyond 9000. You know what they say, "fool me once".

122 Replies
Maridkhairullah
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

QN65Q8FNB

Software: T-KTM2AKUC-1153.1, BT-S

So frustrated, second TV in 15 days .

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Maridkhairullah, looks like your firmware isn't up to date. The latest firmware is 1202.3 and you can find details on it here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Maridkhairullah
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for replaying.

I got this TV yasterday after they replace the other Q8. I thought it will update automatically.  Anyway , I have tried manually updating but there is no updates, then I had to reset the whole to TV to the smart hub menu working again, now, I see that new firmware available but my tv update option is greyed out! What happened ? 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Maridkhairullah, Have you reconnected to your internet? If you the update stays grey out you may have to update via USB drive.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Maridkhairullah
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So, after seeing the "update and self diagnose "

Options are greyed out, I checked the the user manual on tv and went to software update, its says to go and check the updates manually,  which I know that, BUT!! When I press the right arrow on the remote it gives me an option"try it" so I selected it. It took me to the setting menus where the software update option , IT IS NOT GREYED OUT!! LOL I'm confused. I did the check for update but it says my tv is up to date!

Any way , I do not know how these things happened. I will download the firmware and try update it via USP.

0 Likes
Maridkhairullah
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I figured it out, software update option will be greyed out if go to it while using an app. You have to exit all apps and go to the setting menu,  you will find it active. 

0 Likes
Duanerice
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have version 1153 .  Tried to update manualy and says I have the latest update.  Any idea how to get 1202?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Maridkhairullah, thanks for keeping us posted. @Duanerice, you will have to download the update to a USB drive to update manually. If you need assistance with updating, send us a private message to the link.

0 Likes
Duanerice
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi all, just reporting back.  I have not been able to manually download the firmware but, I have not had any problems since I reset the TV last week.  Home menu comes up like it should.  Crossing my fingers that this will be the fix.  

enjoy

0 Likes
user28GRI7jGtd
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Any idea what could have fixed it for you? Km having the same issue with Q6

0 Likes