cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Q70 Permanently remove “Live TV Cable” from Home Screen

Using my TV with an unsupported satellite receiver. Because if this, I have removed the "Live TV/Cable" button from the home screen but TV adds the "Live TV / Cable" icon every time I turn the TV back on. 

How do I permanently turn this off?

Frank

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q70 Permanently remove “Live TV Cable” from Home Screen

The TV Plus icon cannot be permanently removed from the home screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Actually, this is not the question I asked. 

How do I permanently remove the "Setup Live Cable TV" from the Home menu? I can remove it when I power on the TV, but it just returns each time I cycle the power. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I asked Samsung support the same question and they replied that it wasn't possible, it was part of the inherent design of their tvs. I haven't had "live tv" for over 20 years, this is insane! So just as I stopped buying Samsung phones because of all the bloatware you can't remove, I won't be buying another Samsung tv either.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Dear SamsungLou,

Please help me understand. I cannot remove "Live TV Cable" because I need a way to "tune" to "Live TV or Cable". 

I only use a satellite receiver which apparently Samsung doesn't support.  How can I add MY satellite receiver to the "Live TV Cable" input? 

Thank you.

Highlighted

It's not a TV if you don't have the ability to pick up tv channels off the air. In that case, it's just a monitor.

Asteroid

That is certainly true and is why I originally asked to get my satellite receiver to be supported! 

Samsung should allow for alternative receivers and not just the ones they know OR add my receiver which is the Armed Forces Network (AFN) satellite receiver. 

I see two options: Samsung can add it or give me an avenue to add it. Ignoring it isn't an option. 

just my $.02's 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure how that fits but thanks for taking time to give your valuable input.