JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q70A - Elimination of Soap Opera Effect

(Topic created: 10-16-2021 04:01 PM)
userLihdMf7WTP
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased a Q70A a few days ago and I wanted to see if anyone else figured out how to eliminate the "Soap Opera Effect." The "Picture Clarity Settings" were turned off by default but I enabled them and then turned down a lot of the settings and that didn't help either so I turned everything back off. What really disappointed me that no matter what app I used I could never turn on the "Film Mode." We usually use a Roku Ultra for most of our streaming services and the only thing that helped make things better was to use our streaming apps (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and YouTube) directly in the TV and not through the Roku. I have spent hours ready over articles, posts, and reviews but to no avail. One very disappointing thing is one user posted that he return his TV for a Sony. I would really prefer to not do this because the clarity on the Q70A is great and it would be a huge pain to box that thing up and return it. Just looking for first hand knowledge from anyone. Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useruNfZAEZc8j
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Under the picture clarity settings, the judder reduction setting will cause the soap opera effect when set too high. You will need to either set picture clarity to off, or set it to custom to reduce the judder reduction setting.  Personally, I notice the soap opera effect with any judder reduction above 3.

View solution in context

2 Replies
userwyjcee4Isr
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Looking for the same solution to turn down soap effect on Q70A.  The menu choice is not even visible I find describing how to do this on other Samsung models.

0 Likes
Solution
useruNfZAEZc8j
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Under the picture clarity settings, the judder reduction setting will cause the soap opera effect when set too high. You will need to either set picture clarity to off, or set it to custom to reduce the judder reduction setting.  Personally, I notice the soap opera effect with any judder reduction above 3.