Original topic:

Q70R / Q7D change remote to one without the 3 bottons on the bottom

(Topic created on: 11/29/20 11:57 AM)
RosieGr
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the Q70R65 (Q7D) originally purchased from Costco. It came with the BN59-01312A / RMCSPR1BP1 remote with the 3 buttons on the bottom for Netflix, Prime Video and Hulu.

If I buy the same Samsung remote only without those three buttons, will I still have COMPLETE functionality including the voice control? If so, does anyone know what the official model number is for the remote without the 3 buttons on the bottom? Thanks.

Since owning this TV, I had my son create a shield over those 3 buttons so I don't accidentally click on them. But this "shield" is wearing out and it's leaving glue residue all over the remote. And there is not way to disable these buttons or remap them. This is terrible design on Samsung's behalf.

0 Likes
4 Replies
RosieGr
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm looking for the Model Code # AND Model Name # as shown under the battery cover. There are TONS of fake remotes out there under "BN59-01266A". Totally confusing hence my original post.

0 Likes
RosieGr
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Or is the remote I'm looking for BN59-01298G?

Thanks for all of the help.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

The correct remote for your television is BN59-01312A, and is available from samsungparts.com. A different remote model may not provide full functionality for your television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
RosieGr
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

The remote I purchased is the BN59-01298H.  Samsung confirmed this remote would work with my 2019 Qled Q70R / Q7D.  AGAIN, to confirm, this remote does not have the 3 buttons on the bottom for Netflix, Prime Video and Hulu. That's what I'm looking for. Read my original post.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN59-01298H.aspx

I'll report back to let you know that this remote has full functionalty,  except for the mising Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu buttons which is what I desire. Then I'll mark my final post here as the Solution. Samsung adding those 3 buttons was a VERY bad idea.

0 Likes