cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Q70T and 3080, no good

God a nvidia 3080 FE 2 days ago. Was very excited to give 4k 120hz a try. Nope! With a 2.0b hdmi cable I can get 4k 120hz using nvidia in settings but every few seconds screen goes black. With a 2.1 48gig hdmi cable it's even worse. The second I enable game mode screen flickers, shows a distorted windows then goes black. If I then turn off game mode doesn't matter. Stays black. I have to unplug and reconnect hdmi cable then it resets to 4k 30 Hz. If I plug in to slot 2 I can do 1440 120 hz or 4k 60. 

Anyone having this problem and discovered a solution? The TV is advertised as 4k, hdmi 2.1 slot 4 and 120hz. This a lie or software issue. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q70T and 3080, no good

I just got a 3090 and plugged it into my q70t. I'm also getting the screen going black every few seconds when I go to 120hz.... I tried another cable and it wouldn't recognize it at all (tv said no signal when pc booted all the way up, Note had video at BIOS, etc.. but went to no signal at windows) ... This is so disappointing... I guess I'm going to try a high end cable and see if I get better results...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yup, major issues here on a Q90T & 3090.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/2020-75-quot-Q90T-HDMI-2-1-with-NVIDIA-RTX-3080-3...

Others discussing the issues. Also documented on Reddit.

I ordered my 5th hdmi 2.1/48gbps cable in the last month last night. My Q90T is a flickering mess of a TV. Samsung support told me to use 60hz, which also flickers. Not to mention I have to constantly turn input signal plus off and on to get a signal. I hate this TV.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Q70t and 3080 tuf OC here.

I'm also having issues but i'm in a better state than you guys.

I can run 4k 120 no problems in that respect.

You must use a 48gbps cable that is no longer than 2 meters. I have 3 cables, 1m, 2m and 3m all same brand, only the 1m and 2m work. 3m flickers. The 2m tersley cables off amazon work FYI.

4k 120 only works in game mode on hdmi port 4 on the q70t.
1. turn on game mode
2. in nvidia control panel change to 4k 120hz.

When you turn off game mode windows should automatically change back to 60hz.

I also have hdr turned off.. I dont use it..

Anyway, my issue is that every time I turn on the pc with the tv on win 10 fails to set the signal for the tv. I have to wait a couple of minutes and press reset. win+ctrl+shift+b either does nothing or makes the screen white.

With the tv off at startup the bios beeps that vga is missing, i wait until I think windows has started and then turn on the tv. SOMETIMES the tv detects the signal and all good, sometimes I have to press reset.

One day i'm going to press reset and F*@K my OS up. This is not acceptable.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Q70T and 3080, no good

I tried a 1m 48gig hdmi and it would fail everytime. I think it's a lot like the silicon lottery. clearly there's a defect. haven't heard a word from Samsung yet. hasn't been a good year for them