cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Q70T has severe overshoot or inverse ghosting in game mode

There is a really bad white trail that follows objects when playing content in game mode. Movie mode does not have any overshoot problems, so this is somthing that is exclusive to game mode. it is really bad in dark scenes, but it hapens in bright scenes as well. I think the engineers must have turned the overshoot way up on game mode by mistake since it does not have this problem in movie mode. Is this something that is going to be fixed in an update or is it time for people to return their TVs’ to the store? I have seen a video that someone else had uploaded that was showing a similar problem happening on their Q70R TV as well, so there are more then one TV model with this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q70T has severe overshoot or inverse ghosting in game mode

Same here, and deliberating whether to return or not as I like the idea of this TV. Have 2016 and 2017 budget LCDs from Samsung and neither has EVER had a shred of ghosting. They might as well be monitors. 

This new fangled Q70T QLED is a disgrace. Xbox One X with Game Mode and VRR enabled on the console gets inverse ghosting/coronas. Turning VRR off on the console doesn't help. Turning Game Mode off helps, the ghosting vanishes. 

Curiously, turning VRR off on the console, using Game Mode on the TV, and turning Game Motion Plus on the TV in my case eliminates all ghosting and works 98% well. It feels like gaming at 120Hz, with the very occasional judder. 

All of this tells me there's a conflict somewhere, related to FreeSync (which I understand is always on if Game Mode is engaged). Maybe the HDMI 2.1 VRR conflicts with FreeSync since they're both trying to variate the refresh. Either way, this is a major letdown as Samsung are known for superb gaming TVs, and I don't agree it's a VA panel issue. Hence the several VA TVs I've had that had no problem with 4K 60Hz. This is a serious clocking/pacing issue with the Q series. Really hesitating whether to return this TV but overall I like it and it's decent value for money. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Add me to the list of people with ghosting issues...I didn't experience this with vrr on xb1 but I do experience it on ps4 and notice only fix is turning up dejudder to 10 and it still doesn't totally fix it

Highlighted

The new firmware droped on june 22 ver 1301.5, it seems to be fixing a lot of peoples overshoot issues. I have nothing that I can test freesync with, so would you please test out freesync, as well as a 60hz signal on game mode with game motion plus and freesync turned off, and tell me your results? you can download the firmware onto a usb stick by going to the Q70T page, scroll dow to the link titled SEE ALL SUPPORT, than you can download it under Manuals and Downloads.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung, you have to fix it for 2019 models as well (Q70R, Q80R, Q90R). The green artifacts are very annoying when moving camera in dark games.