cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Q7D: AirPlay stops working periodically

Hi,

The AirPlay function on my Q7D QLED TV stops working periodically. The TV still appears as an available AirPlay device on my iPhone and Mac, but when I try to connect, it would say that connection failed/could not be established. If I change the network settings on the TV, AirPlay would work for a couple of weeks until the problem comes back. I also have an Apple TV device which works fine with no issues, so I'm sure the problem is with the Samsung TV.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q7D: AirPlay stops working periodically

Hello! Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can look into this. Are both devices on the same Wi-Fi band? Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

Highlighted
Constellation

Model number: QN55Q7DRAFXZC

Software version: 1356

Both devices are on the same wifi. I have not tried yet a factory set. I prefer not to go that route unless it's guaranteed to solve the problem.

Highlighted
Halo

I had he same issue start on a 2020 Frame with the 1301.5 firmware that was realased in June.  Before then, I didn't have any problems with AirPlay.  

Until Samsung fixes it in software (without needing to reset the entire TV or Smart Hub), try turning the TV off and then on again.  That's what works for me.