cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userdZA3GPFGB5
Constellation

Q7F One Connect Error message every 2 minutes TV keeps shutting on and off

Purchased brand new Q7F 55" TV in November and starting in January after about 20-25 minutes of playing the XBOX, the TV would flash the one connect error message and TV would turn on and off. Once it started doing this, it would happen every 3-4 minutes. I proceeded to change HDMI cables and even bought $100 cables and after a week started doing it again. Now the past week it does it after about 10 minutes of playing and once it starts, it will do it every minute. Starting yesterday, it now does this while watching the Blu-Ray player as well. I have disconnected cable and reset TV several times and only helps for a day or so. This is ridiculous. I like the feature to hang TV on the wall, but this s absolutely stupid and rather have cables directly into the TV instead of it turning on and off 50 times a day. What should I do? Waste days with Samsung or Best Buy to get replacement cable and box? I have been a Samsung phone guy for 10 years and a Sony TV guy for 20 Years. I decided to buy my first 4K TV with Samsung, but now I am seeing this is a common problem and a huge mistake. Good thing I didn't splurge for the Q9F 65".
4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_wlTen5D
Astronaut

Re: Q7F One Connect Error message every 2 minutes TV keeps shutting on and off

Gm

userdZA3GPFGB5
Constellation

Good Morning

technologys77
Asteroid

I hath the same issue and it started in November 2018 I bought the 65Q9fn in September I was shocked for such expensive tv 2 months old Price $3600 they sent a service guy from Samsung, said it is a broken wire in the Glass Fiber Cable hey replaced
the Glass Fiber Cable and everything is working normal ,hey gave me advice Do not roll too tightly the Glass Fiber Cable leave 8 Centimeters space when you roll up the Glass Fiber Cable hey said also there are 8 wires in the Glass Fiber Cable thinner as a hair and they break easily,many people Roll it to tightly or let the Coiled Cable hanging from the ground when they wall mounted the tv because of that 1 or 2 of the 8 wires break hey said also the most commenly caused issues is the is the Glass Fiber Cable or the One Connect Box ,hey said also Qleds are the best tv's from Samsung.

I hope you can enjoy your tv soon.

usereAPhwPxcqV
Asteroid

Same problem here. his is not fixed. Be ware of the stalling tactic - they try to ware you down and ultimately promise a service call. I have read in several places on the web that the fix that the service folks make doesn't work and they have to start all over again with the support nightmare call system. Support does not respond and when they do it takes weeks to come to your house -in my case they never actually made it. When you buy something this expensive, they should send you a new one. My TV hasn't worked in over a month. I have made 14 calls to Samsung and scheduled 2 appointments under different cases for this problem and the service person did not show up. Support in the Philippines promised 3 times to call me, we set up a time and they never called. I have recorded each call and I am preparing a small video to post on the web so consumers are wise to this company's practice of not standing behind their products. I will edit and add them to the video I am making. When I am done I will let you know and we can post this together on FB, Twitter, etc. Also, if you are unlucky enough to be in the hospital, make sure that you check to see if a doc relied on an image created by Samsung. I found a huge error in their software which is not surprising considering BIXBY ;-). Lets hold them accountable!!!