cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Q80R Firmware update 1361.0 - Still NO eARC

Just got this 1361.0  OTA firmware update installed on my Q80R. I can't tell what's new and improved on this release,  but it doesn't have the eARC update. (Edit: See my post further down with the details about this release from the Samsung Dutch site)

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q80R Firmware update 1361.0 - Still NO eARC

I think at this point we all know it's never coming.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just don't trust Samsung.  That's why I pre-ordered the ARCANA from HDFury.  It splits the Atmos and sends to my Sonos Arc and sends the video to my non eARC TV.  RESULT:  Full uncompressed Atmos Smiley Happy

Also, the adapter sends Dolby Vision to Samsung...which is a plus.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Highlighted
Galaxy

Looks like this will be my solution as well!

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi would this work with a Samsung N850 soundbar? Or would there be no pint as this is Arc only...

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Asteroid

As a gamer, I don't think it has ALLM or VRR. So its a no go for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought this TV with the corresponding soundbar. I just chatted with a Samsung support rep, she confirmed for me that the 2019 Q80R QLED TV is in fact one of the TVs to receive the eARC update. She went on to say that unfortunately Samsung hasn't released an official date, but speculation is that it will be released later this year or early next year. 

I have attached pictures of my chat below as proof that Samsung has confirmed this info.

Screenshot_20200713-173737_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-173954_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you so much for that post - At least theres some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I'm looking forward to hearing what Atmos sounds like out of the Sonos Arc I bought specifically for Atmos and after the research I did where I found my Samsung Q80R would support Atmos.(imagine my suprise and dissapointment). 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Wat zou er veranderd zijn, ik hoop het ghosting probleem in game mode veel Qled tv's hebben hier last van!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ik zelf heb de Q90R