Original topic:

Q80R TV Does not detect FireTV 4K

(Topic created on: 2/4/20 10:49 AM)
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi,

Just installed the Amazon FireTV 4K on my Samsung Q80R 4K and for some reason when I install the device in one of the HDMI port, the TV reports that it cannot detect it.  I can still see the source with Amazon FireTV on screen, but I cannot control it with Samsung's remote control

Any fix for this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi,

Alright. Updating to the latest firmware version did it for me.  It now detects it and it is still on HDMI 1. 

now on firmware 1351.3

thx

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

We are sorry to hear about this. Are you able to connect any other devices to the HDMI ports?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi. Yes it detects my Xbox with no problem. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Which HDMI port are you connecting to? Are you using a 4K capable HDMI cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It's plugged in HDMI 1.  And it is a FireTV Stick. So there is no cable required. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Do you have the same issue if you connect it to HDMI4?

0 Likes
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes I got same result. When I tried it. 

i tried a software update but the the OS did not detect a new firmware, but on your website ther is indeed a new firmware. 

so I am downloading and installing it by USB instead. Another thing that does not work as it should.   :\

I'll  report back in a bit

0 Likes
Solution
userjTTBVmkgsy
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi,

Alright. Updating to the latest firmware version did it for me.  It now detects it and it is still on HDMI 1. 

now on firmware 1351.3

thx

View solution in context

0 Likes