JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q80R - bluetooth disconnect issues when soundbar is connected

(Topic created: 12-13-2019 10:16 PM)
userGgcYPsTwBn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

i talked with support. it seems you cannit use bluethooth headphones if your soundbar is connected. you must unplug the soundbar cable each time when you want to use bluethooth headphones. otherwise, if you simply switch to headphones sound input you will get sound to headphones for 1 seconds and then it disconnects and sound returns to soundbar....

so to ude bluethooth headphones  it is quite frustrating process - you need to go to the soundbar, disconnect the cable from it (so tv wont detect its input) and then switch in tv menu from tv audio to headphones audio and then it works. 

anyone else encountered it? from support they tell o am the first  one to complain and this is not supported....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userGgcYPsTwBn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

found WA @ https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/turn-beam-off-6809942

JUST TURN OFF Anynet+ in TV settings and it does the trick 🙂

hope this will ve useful to others as well.

View solution in context

7 Replies
CyborgAnon
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Try another bluetooth app maybe outside the playstore which is generally limited features on anything useful

0 Likes
userGgcYPsTwBn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

i am not using any bluethooth app. why should i use one?

the tv has built in bluethooth support. i have tried several bluetooth headphones. all disconnects after 1 second from tv after i switch in tv menu to that headphone.

only if i unplug sonos beam soundbar the bluetooth connection holds. it like tv cant "block" the input from soundbar on arc hdmi once moving to other bluetooth audio source.

to me it shounds like a bug in tv. samsung support said this configuration is not supported.

@CyborgAnon wrote:

Try another bluetooth app maybe outside the playstore which is generally limited features on anything useful

0 Likes
CyborgAnon
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Another app like from your phone or device connecting as the media player. Sometimes vendors make multiple versions of the same app because they are bored and wanted to get us all good

0 Likes
CyborgAnon
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Also it probably has firmware or potential updates that need to be install which might also help. You could donate the soundbar to some of the unlucky folks for Christmas this year get 2 birds one stone kinda deal

0 Likes
userGgcYPsTwBn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

formware version is 1335 very latest on tv. sonos also latest. hard to believe its sonos issue at the disconnects is from tv connection eventually..

its samsung tv bug they need ti fix. 

Solution
userGgcYPsTwBn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

found WA @ https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/turn-beam-off-6809942

JUST TURN OFF Anynet+ in TV settings and it does the trick 🙂

hope this will ve useful to others as well.

uservmiFmHVmD2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I tried turning off Anynet+ but then my sound bar won't connect.  Choose how you lose I guess.