cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Q80R soundbar not recognized by Q90R TV in HDMI 3 ARC

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies for the delay, for this model instead of a STOP button you would hold the PLAY/PAUSE button using the same steps Lou provided previously. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungNik @SamsungGill @SamsungLou 

Hey all, a few updates. I was able to connect the soundbar to the smartthings app by setting up a new samsung login with a different email address. For whatever reason I could not get it to conenct to the smartthings app via this login.

I thought this had fixed the problem. I was watching tv with no problems for almost the whole day. However, the same thing continues to happen at a certain point. When adjusting the volume up or down, the tv stops recognizing the soundbar in the ARC HDMI 3 port.

At this point the tv reverts to using tv speakers. It will then only show the soundbar as available via the WIFI connection.

The soundbar still shows up on the smartthings app as connected to the HDMI 3 ARC connection. The TV shows the HDMI 3 port as soundbar on the source list, but the tv will not show it as an available sound connection in this input. It only shows it as available via WIFI. I then have to unplug the soundbar for 60 seconds and plug it back in. Then it will work fine, until a random point where I will have to repeat this step again.

The firmware for both the Q90R tv and the soundbar are up to date. I will attempt the factory reset tonight on the soundbar tonight now that I know it's the play/pause button.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand, keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungNik 

The tech on the chat suggested I hold the volume + and - buttons down on the unit itself for 10 seconds to attempt the reset. 

Should I try this before doing the service request?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It never hurts to give it a try, I'll be a little salty if I was given wrong information to tell you before though lol

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungNik I powered the soundbar off per Lou's instructions and hold the play/pause button down but the unit never says init ok. 

is there another step I'm missing?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That honestly should be completing the reset for you, since it is not I'd recommend service repairs as it seems something is wrong with the sound bar that a technician would need to diagnose. Mind shooting me a message here with the full model code and serial number of the sound bar: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill Hi, can Q90R connect to 5ghz wifi

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Have you been able to connect to 5ghz wifi

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the exact same issue with the same setup I have the Q80R Soundbar and the new Q90R. Please let me know...very frustrating when you drop $4,000 on both.