cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Q80r 4k 120hz Update w/ Out One Connect Box

Hi,

I noticed update 1372.2 allows 4k 120hz on hdmi port 4 for the QLEDs with One Connect Box.

Does Samsung plan on updating the QLEDs, specifically the q80r, without One Connect Box to do the same?

3 REPLIES 3
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q80r 4k 120hz Update w/ Out One Connect Box

@userUT0zNFe7Ek wrote:

Hi,

I noticed update 1372.2 allows 4k 120hz on hdmi port 4 for the QLEDs with One Connect Box.

Does Samsung plan on updating the QLEDs, specifically the q80r, without One Connect Box to do the same?

Where did you noticed that? Do you have proof for this? Up to moment nobody was able to get more than 1080p in 120 hz for Q90R and Q80R models with connect box.

Constellation

Take a look at this post. People are reporting their xbox series x with 4k @ 120hz enabled.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Update-1372-2-for-Q80r-Q90R-2019-QLED-TVs-EArc-in...

If you look at the updated tv manual online, page 144 is showing One Connect Box with 4k @ 120hz.

Constellation

I'm on the same boat!... I got lucky to get the nex Xbox and I spent about a couple of hours investigating why it can't supports 4k@120Hz... My TV was updated to the new 1372.2 firmware, connected the xbox to the HDMI 4, reset, reboot, everything, but nothing... As you mention, on the TV specs says that it supports Motion Rates of 240, meaning that it supposed to have a Refresh Rate of 120Hz, apparently the TV does supports 4k@120Hz, but the botton line is that the TV doesn't have HDMI 2.1 that is needed for it.

The question now is: can Samsung Release a Firmware update to upgrade HDMI 2.0b to 2.1 or do they need physical electronic components? The Screen supports 4k@120Hz the issue is how can we put an external signal in...