Original topic:

Q90 HDMI Issue and reboot

(Topic created on: 12/14/20 12:52 PM)
natewain
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

So I have a new Q90 that will randomly lock up with HDMI inputs. I have tested it and it does it for all 4 HDMI inputs. It has no issues with AirPlay or internal apps displaying. Sometimes it will have an issue and reboot after 5 mins sometimes 2 hours. It will first display an image with verical lines and then transition to an image with 'snow' before rebooting and recovering.firstImage.JPGsecondImage.JPG

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried different HDMI cables? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
natewain
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes, I have tried different cables and different devices (in different combinations). I couldn't tie the duration before reboot to any combination. All of the devices/cables worked fine before TV was changed.

Messing with the One Connect cable has seemed to make it work better for now, but it doesn't make sense that would change anything. (think just fluke timing)

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

The next step would be service, as it seems you have just purchased this TV I would recommend taking this back for an exchange. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
natewain
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

So I have continued to have zero issues after replugging and making sure the One Connect cable didn't have any tight bends. From what I understand there is a fiber optic strand in there, I wonder if there is a break or issue with termination?

Since I can't reproduce the issue now... I don't think it is worth a service visit either. Also don't want to haul the whole thing back without issues. Hopefully it just keeps working.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

We're glad that you're up and running.  Please keep us posted.  

0 Likes