Original topic:

Q900R 8k TV - 4k 120hz not supported on Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 1/12/21 11:49 AM)
userus6kygm8JB
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi, I own the 75" Q900R (Q900RA to some) and just bought the Xbox Series X and it is showing as not supporting 4k at 120hz. Why is this? I have updated latest software, have the updated OCB, game mode on and have UHD Colour on. All conversations with support state that 4k 120hz is supported by the TV and they have no solutions thus far - they are investigating the issue.

I really hope I have not been mis-sold by Samsung when they stated that HDMI2.1 would be supported with the upgraded new OCB. I would rather not have to complain or raise a mis-sell with Samsung as I really like them as a brand and love the TV overall but this TV was not an insignificant amount of money and I trusted Samsung when I bought the TV that they would sufficiently implement HDMI2.1.

Below is what the Series X shows for compatibility:

image.png

25 Replies
ghost310
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
q900rb works perfectly fine on hdmi port 4 there was an update and if u own a q900ra u need to upgrade the one connect box
userus6kygm8JB
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

This is to do with the RA model - everyone who has the new OCB, included me, still cannot get 4k@120 to work and are on the latest update.

0 Likes
ghost310
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
exactly u need that rb version.. trust me ull see a huge difference in gaming . ur tv will tell everything thats being read from the series x
0 Likes
userus6kygm8JB
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

RB is a completely different TV. 

0 Likes
userRtF69mDEsZ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
  • Q900RA (Q950RA) – the first generation TV
  • Q900RB (Q950RB) – second generation TV

Differences between 8K TVs series Q900RA vs Q900RB

• RA – the TV uses a 2018 remote control model TM1890A. Also on the TV are installed HDMI 2.0 ports, they can transmit 8K video but only in compressed form. 8K video can be viewed on the Internet. If via HDMI, the TV will scale the image from UHD and Full HD formats. This model is the first generation of TV, let’s say the TV went on sale but that is not completed.
  • RB is a second-generation model, it already has a 2019 remote control TM1990C. Also added one port standard HDMI 2.1. You can watch through HDMI video standard 8K uncompressed format.

But we note that to view video over 8K format via HDMI, you need content shot at 8K resolution and a device that can play and transfer it. You need a computer or player with HDMI 2.1 ports and of course a new 2.1 standard cable.

0 Likes
userLzB67zLGwV
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Can you tell me if Q900RB supports 4K + 120hz + HDR? Samsung tech support says only 4K + 120HZ + SDR and 4K + 60hz + HDR are supported

0 Likes