cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Q90R Dim Spot and Flicking Issue

I bought the Q90R on Black Friday and just yesterday I began noticing a darker cloud spot in the top middle right of the screen. My wife and I watched 1917 last night and even she commented that it looked like a storm cloud was approaching. Not only this, but there is a noticeable flicker to this spot when showing brighter scenes.

I already have the eco mode disabled and always have it in movie mode; so I'm not positive what else could be done. Does anyone else have this issue? Pretty upset the top of the line Samsung has this sort of issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90R Dim Spot and Flicking Issue

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources? Also does this occur during the picture test? If this still occurs after a restart then this will require service depending on the warranty of the TV you have two options if the TV is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area. Or if the TV is still in warranty you can send me or any of the other moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get you set up for service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q90R Dim Spot and Flicking Issue

Yes, it unfortunately occurs on all sources and also occurs in the picture test (failed all 3 tests). It should still be under warranty as it was purchased 4 months ago. I love the tv, but it's a little ridiculous to shell out that kind of money for the top of the line product and have these issues. I'll DM you the model and serial numbers.