cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userejqs27JQ5X
Constellation

Q90R Xbox 4K issue

Hi Everybody, Hoping somebody here can help me with my issue.

I have a Q90R 65 inch QlED that has been working great since i got it ( about two month). I run an Xbox one x and the Playstation Pro.  Everything has great until Wednesday, the TV randomly lost the video source while playing a game. The TV would flicker game mode on and off, then wouldn't show a picture at all.  I have since got the Xbox to run stable by setting the Xobox to HDMI, 1080P.  If I set the Xbox to auto detect the display setting, it will flicker game mode then lose the picture. If I try and push the xbox to 4k, it says my TV does not support 4k gaming.

I have done the following for testing

• switched HDMI cables, including purchasing new cable that support 8k
  • Switched HDMI Ports
    • Same issue either port
    • Playstation plays in 4k on either port
  • Tinkered with game mode settings, currently game mode set to auto on TV
  • Power cycled everything in the set up ( one connect box)

I don't have another TV to test 4K, but the HDMI port was able to play 4K HDR on the Playstation.  Appreciate any thoughts or suggestion form the community.

Thanks

Rogg

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90R Xbox 4K issue

We are sorry to here about this. Have you tried to running it in just HDR mode, and have you tried running it in just game mode? If this does not resolve the issue you can factory reset on the TV. Please let us know if this resolves the issue!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userejqs27JQ5X
Constellation

This did not solve my problem,  and I don't think the problem is with the TV. I'm able to get 4k HDR on all the ports, using different sources. I believe the source of the trouble is either hardware or software with the Xbox.  As the Xbox always says my TV does not support 4k or HDR, no matter which HDMI Input is being used.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your welcome!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userU9pZyc9jgd
Constellation

I just got my Q90R and after one day am having a similar issue when I try to play a game with the TV set to game mode. I have an Xbox On X connected to the one hub and this only happens when in game. I can have the TV in game mode and go into a video app and I have no issues. When I'm in game the TV thinks it is losing thr input signal and the screen flicks on and off every few seconds. I have no issue when thr TV is in HDR only mode, however this is not ideal to play a game in due to latency issues. Need help from the Samsung tech team STAT! 

userejqs27JQ5X
Constellation

Let me expand upon is topic one last time. I found a work around, but could use an explanation as to what is happening. I have another friend that started experiencing the same issue with another Q90R and an Xbox One X.  The only thing we had in common was the Xbox wasn’t plugged into HDMI 1.  I also recently picked up a series 8 TV, so I tested the Xbox there. Xbox played 4K HDR without any issue.

So, back to the QLED I went, but this time I put the Xbox into HDMI 1. Been playing 4k HRD without an issue since. Here is how I’m set up right now.

HDMI 1 - Xbox 1 X, 4K HDR all settings to the max

HDMI 2 – Empty

HDMI 3 – PlayStation 4, 4K HDR all settings to the max

HDMI 4 – Xfinity Cable, running a 4K box

Does anybody have any thoughts of feedback as to why the Xbox only works on HDMI 1?  Another other HDMI port and the screen flickers between game mode until it just gives up on displaying anything.

Thanks

Rogg