Original topic:

Q90T Firmware 1462.1

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 11:40 AM)
userCHrz6pkxaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Well done samsung yet another Firmware release with vague details that appears to do nothing to fix the slew of issues this TV has.

1. Ghosting remains in Game Mode

2. VRR continues to show random issues such as scanlines

3. Game Mode Local Dimming remains the same and is severely broke.

4. eARC still doesn't do 5.1 or 7.1 passthrough

I hate this TV and will never buy another samsung again.  Not to mention i got hung up on by a customer support escalation resource.  They say my TV is in spec (ghosting and horrible DSE) and wont do anything about it.  $3,000 POS i may need to just sell for $500 and move on.

Samsung mods will likely remove this post because god forbid the truth is shared and could impact sales.

8 Replies
Members_lsa9nhv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

So to clarify - the TV does do 5.1 and 7.1 passthrough. It can play dolby and DTS 5.1/7.1 channel audio just fine.

The problem is with LPCM - which the 2020 soundbars don't support.

0 Likes
useriM5WFhxj9Q
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Some of the 2020 soundbars do support LPCM 5.1

0 Likes
userghTERJXuY0
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

DTS isn't supported on any of the samsung tvs.  Even in passthrough.  However it is on the soundbars.

0 Likes
user4a1LJI8Ky4
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

That’s disappointing. I have been waiting for almost 3 months for them to fix the ghosting.

userghIMREOp5a
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

don't forget about the huge judder issue that A LOT of users are experiencing : https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-2020-qled-series-tv-motion-judder-stutter-frame-rate-firmwa...

user7USMUOUH0I
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

What about that? Do you experience some benefits related to the huge judder issue. I am from the EU, so still waiting for new firmware. And we expected at least that this is resolved!

0 Likes
user7USMUOUH0I
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Anyone some feedback related to frame drop issue which is really annoying on low frame rate content?

Is there any feedback, do you see some step forward with new firmware related to this issue which is common worldwide?

Thanks

0 Likes
userKFkl9AmFxd
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I have had no issues running an Xbox series x at 120fps.
0 Likes