cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Q90T Odd behavior

I have Verizon FIOS TV One cable box connected to HDMI port 1. Today, when I turned on the TV, there was no sound. After turning off and on the TV, there was no picture or sound (but no indiciation from the set that there was no signal like you'd get if you unplugged the cable or the error message saying there is a signal but nothing to display -- I can't remember the exact message...). I had to hold the power button down to restart the TV and then it was restored. I tested the HDMI cable and the TV said it was ok. I also tested the video using the self diagnostics. The video test content would pause for three or four seconds on several occassions. The next time I ran it, it seemed ok.

I recently factory reset the TV because the menu system was becoming increasingly unresponsive (taking several seconds to bring up setting menu, not responding to the remote for ten or more seconds). After resetting the TV I did notice that Smart Hub took 10-15 minutes or so to update preventing installing new app, as well.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90T Odd behavior

Both of your issues seem HDMI related. Have you tried using a different or higher quality HDMI cable?

Asteroid

Thanks. I've tried the different ports with different cables. I also ran the hdmi cable test which came back ok.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this issue only occur with the Fios box?