cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q90T Screen Tearing with Game Mode On at 1440p

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a PC (with GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X+ graphics card) connected to HDMI 4 on a new Q90T. My graphics card is on the latest firmware (Nvidia GeForce Game Ready driver 445.87). Consistently, if I turn on Game Mode on the TV, and set my display resolution to 1440p, I get significant screen tearing at the bottom of the screen. It is as if rendering the bottom 16th of the screen is lagging behind. It does not matter what vsync options I choose, it doesn't fix it. It happens on multiple games at 1440p. It does not happen if I change the resolution above (2160p) or below (1080p) this. Is this a firmware issue on the TV? The only fix right now for me is turning off Game Mode. Really not great if I can't use Game Mode.

In the attached image, notice how behind the rendering is of the rocks while I'm turning.

IMG-9644.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q90T Screen Tearing with Game Mode On at 1440p

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My guess is that Freesync maybe isn't playing nice. But, the issue does go away (in games, as well, even if they are running at lower FPS than 120 at 1440p) as long as I have set the refresh rate to 120Hz from Nvidia Control Panel.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update, I don't have to be playing a game for this to happen. If I set my PC resolution to 2560x1440 and 60Hz refresh rate via Nvidia Control Panel, I get the same effect. Again, this is with Game Mode turned on. Doesn't happen with a 120Hz setting (but that doesn't help me in games running at 60Hz with this resolution). I'm moving the control panel left and right here in the image below (the motion artifacts are not the issue). Notice how delayed the rendering is for the bottom of the control panel, though. 

tearing.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My guess is that Freesync maybe isn't playing nice. But, the issue does go away (in games, as well, even if they are running at lower FPS than 120 at 1440p) as long as I have set the refresh rate to 120Hz from Nvidia Control Panel.

View solution in original post