cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q90T Screen Uniformity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased a new Q90T TV, and one of the first things I noticed was the dirty screen effect. Please let me know if the the following photos look normal, because it doesn't look good to me. The discoloration in the middle right of the screen is particularly noticeable (even looks slightly yellowish to me). I need to know if I should exchange the TV. Ignore the rectangle with the black outline on the white screen image. Thanks

IMG_9632.jpgIMG-9637.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q90T Screen Uniformity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After exchanging it for another unit, it's the same if not a little worse. So I guess there is just slight grey/yellow banding. :/

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are having these issues on the TV and you just bought the TV I would recommend trying for an exchange. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, will do!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After exchanging it for another unit, it's the same if not a little worse. So I guess there is just slight grey/yellow banding. :/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What devices are you expiring this issue on, on the pictures, it looks like your on a pc? Have you tried changing the colors with Nvidia's control panel? Or AMDs? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My use of the word "banding" may be inaccurate as I'm not talking about color banding. It doesn't matter if I'm running on PC or Xbox. If I show uniform light color scenes, it looks like what I showed in the photos (so color settings wouldn't really matter for the uniformity of a single color). I don't want to exaggerate. It is slight but it is there (and easier to see when using, say, a nearly all white browser window), and interesting that those slightly darker vertical bars in the photos are evenly spaced apart. You wouldn't really notice on darker or colorful scenes, but still disappointing for an expensive 2020 model twice in a row.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have *exactly* the same issue on my q800t.

What I see when I see the issue your pictures show is a grid of cells, where the center is darker than the edge.

I called support about 2  weeks ago, but my phone (galaxy fold) seemingly couldn't capture it at the time, because as you say, it's subtle... At any rate, in "pro" mode, I could max out the contrast on my phone's camera, and it became visible in photo... I just took pictures today...

I think my grid is tighter (smaller cells) than yours, but same issue visible.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is from a few months back but were you able to resolve this?  Did you exchange the tv?  I'm looking at getting a 75 q800t but worried about these issues.  I currently have a 65 q9fn which is almost flawless but really want to move up to 75 but I'll be really angry with myself if I give up an awesome tv for something that I won't be happy with.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's an unusual amount of DSE. Does it bother you when you are viewing your normal content at your normal viewing distance? If so return or exchange that thing while you still can. Keep in mind, though, that you'll never get a perfect panel, and your next could be worse. It's a "panel lottery."

I have two 55Q90Ts that are much cleaner vis-a-vis DSE, although they have dead pixels, which infuriates me. I've gone through 9 Samsung panels in 2020.  Honestly, I would pay Samsung $500 more than the cost of the panel if they could gaurantee minimal DSE and no dead pixels; it's such a horrendous waste of time.