JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T Screen Uniformity

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 11:59 AM)
durnyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I just purchased a new Q90T TV, and one of the first things I noticed was the dirty screen effect. Please let me know if the the following photos look normal, because it doesn't look good to me. The discoloration in the middle right of the screen is particularly noticeable (even looks slightly yellowish to me). I need to know if I should exchange the TV. Ignore the rectangle with the black outline on the white screen image. Thanks

IMG_9632.jpgIMG-9637.jpg

14 Replies
userCHrz6pkxaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Welcome to being a Samsung Q90T owner.  I have went through 3 panels and all have this.  Not to mention the horirble game mode and 120hz/vrr funcationality.  Last samsung I ever purchase, and to think i paid $2800 for this TV....

0 Likes
userMU0bp2OPZm
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

That's an unusual amount of DSE. Does it bother you when you are viewing your normal content at your normal viewing distance? If so return or exchange that thing while you still can. Keep in mind, though, that you'll never get a perfect panel, and your next could be worse. It's a "panel lottery."

I have two 55Q90Ts that are much cleaner vis-a-vis DSE, although they have dead pixels, which infuriates me. I've gone through 9 Samsung panels in 2020.  Honestly, I would pay Samsung $500 more than the cost of the panel if they could gaurantee minimal DSE and no dead pixels; it's such a horrendous waste of time.

0 Likes
user1HB4ZvkOTt
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Hey there!

I came across your post because I have the exact same grey uniformity issue as you do. The pictures you uploaded are almost identical to mine. For the most part it's not noticeable, until I watched Dunkirk last night, when during panning shots with a white background it was clearly visible and distracting. This also occurs during all sport broadcasts. It feels like I'm having to compromise with this TV, which is frustrating after having spent such money on it. 

Have you been able to resolve this issue at all? Surely they can't keep replacing your panels with ones with the same defect. 

Cheers! 

0 Likes
durnyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

No, I think it is across the board (just part of how it is built). Even the Rtings review seems to have it in their grey uniformity test. Like you said, it's only noticeable on very bright uniform screens, so I've just moved on from the issue. Seems to be just different trade-offs with other big screen TVs (e.g. I've heard LGs can have dark grey uniformity issues).

0 Likes
userBVJTWx0MhF
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I have the same problem but after the change it's always the same. it is so bad.  should not sell your product so expensive if you do not know how to do it!
0 Likes