JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T WIFI not staying connected

(Topic created: 03-18-2021 06:23 AM)
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought my 55" Q90T about 2 weeks ago and have been pleased with the TV overall. I had not used the apps recently and started to login to one last evening and received the message that could not connect. I then went into settings and network and found that the WIFI connection was down.  I reset my router, etc with no improvement. I read ona blog that one fix was to turn off TV and remove power. I did that and restored power after about 30 seconds and WIFI restored. I checked the network again this morning and it shows down again!!! All other devices connected are working fine! I did check for software updates while WIFI was working and it came back that I was current! I did not spend this money for a TV that only works part time!  Please help!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

UPDATE: I just spoke with Samsung helpdesk and he had me power down TV, by unplugging while it was on, and then restore power. Once it came back on he had me hold power button on remote for 10 secs which untimately turned off TV. He then had me turn on TV, go to Settings/Network/Network Status/DNS settiing. DNS was set to Auto and he had me change it to Manual and put in 8.8.8.8 for the DNS. The TV talks back to the Samsung server and it seems they have found for my model of TV this should work. Will try it for the next few days and see what happens.

0 Likes
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The problem continues and now call Samsung Helpdesk again to schedule dispatch. Problem continues!!

0 Likes
Solution
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

OK, worked with helpdesk and was advised to download a software update. The helpdesk sent email with link for download and a pdf with clear instructions. Download folders with files onto USB and then completed software update on TV to 1469. Will see if this fixes wifi issue. I was told this is a known issue on 2020 TV's.

0 Likes
userKopc7r8mjU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Looks like software update to 1469 is the fix. Not sure why Samsung is not pushing this upgrade as auto update on this tv was not showing up only older version 1462. WIFI has not disconnected since manual update and still using DNS of 8.8.8.8.

userTeFZxD6kVQ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue with intermittent WiFi on my Q90T purchased in February.  Do you have information on how to download the update 1469? (I have automatic updates on but my TV is still showing version 1462, so it still doesn't look like this is included in the auto updates.)

0 Likes
HairTRIXhertz
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
check for software update? make sure your wifi is in optimal range, make sure you are using the correct power cord. also if there is a way to factory reset your tv then you should try, but you will lose any kind of personal data or credentials you may have saved and youll have to download any apps that you manually installed. if you have a dual band router like most, then try connecting one or the other (5G) (2.4G) to see if one sticks.
these issues are hard to solve because there are so many possibilities, and there might even be more than one cause. most of the time its fixable, and on some occasions, you may just have a faulty tv. But good luck be patient and just know you're not alone in this kind of predicament!
0 Likes