cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Q90T faded black level issue when on game mode with Xbox Series X

Had been playing my Xbox Series X in Game Mode and there seem to be an issue with either the black level or the local dimming because the entire screen looks faded and washed out. Turning off game mode fixes the issue completely but then I paid for the mode and want the benefits of VRR and low input lag. 

Attaching images so that you can see the difference. Anyone having the same issue? Is there any solution?

D78CC26C-5FD1-49B8-A52F-325DF8357CAD.jpeg

712311A2-4340-469D-98F3-74CC2272C7DE.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Q90T faded black level issue when on game mode with Xbox Series X

Try with turning off VRR on the Xbox, it's in the Video options.

Asteroid

Look under:

Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI Black Level

and change from Normal to Low.

Constellation

Did that, this is how it looks with that set to low.. tried all picture as well, no solution yet 

Astronaut

Just got my 90T Sunday and theres just no way around it for me gamemode looks awful. If I just use natural picture mode or something it looks incredible for my standards and I cant say I notice any difference in latency to be honest. I just don't like the idea of having broken features in a brand new TV i think im gonna have to return it and be done with this brand.

Cosmic Ray

i didn't notice VRR or latency until i plugged my XSX into the sound bar to trouble shoot audio issues.   games with screen tearing like subnautica was a night and day difference with it turned on.  

Astronaut

I have a brand new 65Q95T model and it has the same problem, the picture quality in game mode is just awful, is this an hardware problem or what?

Cosmic Ray

have you enabled HGIG under the tv setting external devices (that may not be the exact name) ?  Gears 5 looks pretty good on my 80T with XSX