Original topic:

Q90T with HW-850T -- eARC gone after Qled Firmware Version 1462.1 Update

(Topic created: 04-09-2021 07:19 PM)
userivPlyHCFM3
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have 55" 2020 Q90T Qled TV and a HW-850T Soundbar.

For  the first three months I have had them, I have had no issues.

Suddenly, last night, eARC stopped working between the Q90T and the HW-850T.  Specifically, the Q90T will now only offer TV Speakers, HW-850T (Wifi), TV+HW-850T(Wifi) and Optical when in broadcast TV mode or using any of the streaming apps on the Q90T.  The same is also the case when using my Roku Ultimate streaming box.

Previously, the Q90T would offer me  TV Speakers, HW-850T (eARC), TV+HW-850T(eARC) , HW-850T (Wifi) and Optical.

This problem appears to have coincided with the installation of the Version 1462.1 Q90T firmware update as I received a message on the screen indicating that update had been completed.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

If so, did it start after the installation of the Version 1462.1 firmware update?

0 Likes
3 Replies
userivPlyHCFM3
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I was able to resolve the issue.  It was actually somehow caused by the Panasonic DP-UB420 4k Blu-ray player connected to the HW-850T soundbar.  I was able to clear the problem out by unplugging the bluray hdmi cable.  Once earc was working again, I plugged back in the blu ray player hdmi cable and everything has been fine since.  

0 Likes
userKpuKCgBuzd
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

My Samsung HW-950T soundbar and Q90T 75-inch TV have had trouble communicating via HDMI-eARC ever since I got them.

Various posts had talked about issues with the firmware, so I updated everything. New firmware came out in December and February . Still would drop back to WiFi connection with eARC not available, and would require actually unplugging power and a defined-by-experiment sequence of power-on — and still would not always work. Tried three different fairly high-end 8K HDMI-eARC cables. Sometimes on Blu-ray, I would even get one second audio dropouts.

On Monday, I had an epiphany. I decided it could be some kind of incompatibility with my other HDMI devices.  Only one HDMI input (HDMI-3) on the TV does eARC, and that is plugged into the soundbar.

An older Dish Network box (VIP211z) was on HDMI-1. I unplugged it. With no Dish box, eARC worked and would not fail.

I ordered a new “Wally” box from Dish, got it in two days, plugged it in and set it up.

No issues with eARC for three days so far. It provides full 9.1.4 true 3D Dolby Atmos / DTS:X surround sound, if sent by the source. It uses the TV speakers embedded in the screen to enhance vertical audio separation (Q-Symphony).  My system sounds just like you are in a movie theater.

I need to tie down stuff in the room to stop the rattles.

0 Likes
userivPlyHCFM3
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

While I have slightly different configuration with HW-850T soundbar and Q90T 55-inch TV configuration, I would concur that when this issue comes up it appears to be related to what is plugged into the HDMI port of the soundbar.  This intermittent problem only developed only after I replaced my Sony UBP-700  4k Blu-ray player with a Panasonic DP-UB420 4k Blu-ray player.  Except when I have cycled between using Q-Symphony (simultaneous TV Speakers and eARC), I have been pretty free of the issue.  However, I think I may have had it happen once without a cycle through Q-Symphony.  Each time it has happened, I have been able to quickly fix it by unplugging the HDMI cable to the Panasonic 4k Blu-ray and then cycling back to sound being exclusively eARC.  I then replug in the HDMI cable to the Blu-ray player and all is fine.

I admit I could just avoid this entirely by returning to the Sony XBP-700 4k Blu-ray player, which I have kept as a backup in storage, but there are number of things I like better about the Panasonic player including HDR10+ for the few blu-ray discs that I own that have HDR10+.

0 Likes