cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Q90r Network notification onscreen

I continue to get a random "Network Cable Connected" notifiaction onscreen. This has been happening for 6 months ever since the tv was first installed and has not been corrected with Firmware. I am currently on fw1356. 

I checked and on AVS there are multiple people with the same issue.  I have tried basic troubleshooting techniques and nothing short of not having a network cable connected has worked. I do not want to use wi-fi for streaming to my tv. 

HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90r Network notification onscreen

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried restarting your router? Also, have you tried using a different ethernet cable? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ye , I have performed all basic troubleshooting steps. 

1) Power cycle, all involved equipment. 

2) Replace cable with a known good cable. 

3) Try another port on router. 

4) Assign a static IP

5) Try a different router

6) Seek out others with issue and see if they have a solution. 

7) Come to Samsung suport page

8) Realize that Samsung support page is lacking 

9) Goto Samsung Community page and hope. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello, 

What was the solution for this , can you please share?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue totally random at least twice a week it just happened this morning

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello how can I get setup?

Highlighted
Asteroid

It appears that firmware 1369 ia currently being tested to fix this issue. Too bad Samsung couldn't take the time to inform us that this is a problem that they know about and they are working on a fix.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The Samsung moderators on the US community board at one time were plugged in to what was going on within their own company and could provide reasonable updates.  Now, it seems like Samsung corporate keeps them in the dark and they have been devalued.  It's been a while since I've seen them actually provide reasonable updates on when customers could expect resolution to the many issues out there.