cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV2ZOhYNnf5
Constellation

Q90r Smart Remote Issue

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 65 inch Q90r and have it connected via arc on my Marantz 1607 av receiver.

First week everything has been working nicely via control of the Samsung smart remote. Last night for some reason, when I was watching built in apps (Netflix/YouTube etc) + general television the volume control on the Samsung remote did not work! The TV is picking up that I am attempting to change the volume, but nothing changes on the av receiver. It seems that I can only change volume now via the Marantz remote.

I have updated firmware on both the Samsung and Marantz to latest versions, reconnected remote and used the connection guide to reconnect the av receiver and it hasn’t seemed to work.

What’s confusing it that the Samsung remote still turns on/off TV and receiver at same time and most of the other features, including toggling options on the Marantz settings. Also Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to On.

Does anyone have any ideas – or is a factory reset on the cards?

Thanks for your assistance!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90r Smart Remote Issue

I would try a different ARC capable HDMI cable and if the symptom persists, otherwise, factory reset the unit. If you've changed a lot of settings, go through and take pictures prior to the reset.

userjmQREjSXRa
Constellation

I had similar problems with my remotes for volume.  At first I thought batteries, but several remotes had the same issue.  I finally did the normal phone computer etc cure.  I unplugged the whole system for about five minutes and then restarted everything.  

The remote is working normally now.  It's been a few days and still not issues.  Good Luck!  Actually by the date of this post, I'm assuming you fixed your problem. if it is different from mine please post your solution to help others.

Thank you.

Buzzie
Astronaut

Thank you!!  I was having the same issue and did what you said and unplugged the tv and remote started working again.  Thank you so much for the awesome tip!!!