JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90r - two different kinds of 5.1 output?

(Topic created: 06-18-2020 05:25 AM)
user9YUEimD4ub
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I experienced something with my Q90r:

When I plug a streaming device, pc whatever directly into the soundbar and play 5.1 content, the output is the following: Sound comes out of Front Left, Front Center, Front Right, Right Rear Level, Left Rear Level and Subwoofer. So far so good, the Sound is amazing.

Buuuuut, when i plug my Device to my TV (LG CX) and use the earc function: Device —> TV —eARC—> Q90r the Sound output is the following: Side Left, Front Left, Front Center, Front Right, Side Right and Subwoofer.
So here, the Side Speaker are firing instead of the Rears. Vis Versa when i plug in the device in the Soundbar, the Sides dont make any sound.
When playing Atmos content both ways sound the same, i guess (didn’t notice much difference)

I think the channel mapping is messed up in some way

Dont think that’s the intention of the innovator. So who’s messing that up, Samsung or LG?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

It sounds like the television is re-processing that information. You could connect it to the soundbar and then to the television to resolve this or use a computer program to remap the speakers.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

It sounds like the television is re-processing that information. You could connect it to the soundbar and then to the television to resolve this or use a computer program to remap the speakers.

user9YUEimD4ub
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I remap them?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Right click on the speaker icon on your computer, select Playback Devices, select the monitor output, depending on Windows and Device Options, you are looking for a Configure option that will use the mic to set up sound based on the speakers.

If this option is not available, there may be a 3rd party application that supports this.

0 Likes