cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Q90T Issues: Dimming, Chromatic Abberation, Game Mode

Just to follow up, I haven't had the first issue (whole screen dims) since doing the Factory Reset. I haven't had the second issue (checkerboard dimming) since I toggled Game Mode (even after turning it on again). The third issue seems like it was fixed by firmware update 1301.5 and was referred to in other posts as inverse ghosting.

Edit: I've unmarked this as a solution since other people are still having problems with the screen dimming (just hasn't happened for me again).

Highlighted
Asteroid

I still get this issue after a reset... I've tried everything to fix it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Picture dimming on game mode HDR

When in game mode using HDR, my q85t randomly sims brightness during gameplay. I've tried everything with this and Samsung's support hasn't helped either. I've saw others mention it on here but I'm hoping for a fix or Samsung to take notice!

Highlighted
Constellation

I updated to the latest firmware and are having random dimming issues as well.  I go in and flip the Picture from Filmmaker to whatever and the dimming "wakes up" for a random amount of time.  Very annoying.  I'd roll back to the previous firmware if I could (even the inverse ghosting fixes are very good).  Oy.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I factory reset with newest firmware and it fixed nothing. Still getting the random full screen dimming in game mode (does not happen when in my default non gaming settings movie, or filmmaker). All eco settings are off. Funny enough it seems to be more aggressive dimming on the Nintendo Switch then the Xbox One though they both do it. I really hope Samsung notices this game mode issue and fixes it. Main reason I got the Q90T was for its gaming features, but the dimming is super distracting.

Constellation

Yeah, it only seems to get wierd when coming out of game mode and switching to HD Signal (my DTV Box).  Swapping between "Movie" and " Filmmaker" seems to  the TV.  For the record, it's been nearly 12 hours since it last did this.  I've come out Game Mode at least 6 times now with no issue.  So who knows..  I'll let you know if I see it anymore (fingers crossed).

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Tried another factory reset today. This time I switched over everything to a different hdmi port and left all settings at default while playing. Sadly Gamemode will still randomly dimmed the entire screen for a few minutes. I have tried everything I can think of to get around it. It's not the consoles, this doesn't happen when I hook them up to any other TV in the house except this one...the newest most expensive TV I bought specifically for gaming. This it seriously lame.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yup, started happening to me again, too. So factory reset did not fix it. Same thing. After being in game mode for awhile, the screen will suddenly dim until I do something like switch Game Mode off and on or the Local Dimming settings.

Edit: Actually, before the factory reset I was getting this issue while watching Netflix on my Xbox, and playing Last of Us 2 on PS4. After the reset and firmware update I only had it happen while playing Last of Us 2 on PS4. Another person I know with the same TV has also only noticed it while playing Last of Us 2 on PS4. So I can't tell if the issue was fixed (only an issue with the game or PS4), or partially fixed.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I had an issue with turning game mode on and after I was done and turned it off anything I played (movie or game) that has HDR would get crazy dimm. Had to reset the tv and it was fine... But when tried again with game mode same thing happened. So another factory reset. I haven't touched game mode since just to avoid having to reset. I've saved for so long to get an awesome flagship tv so I'm a little disappointed. Samsung please keep updating and fix these issues. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

An update, issue still persists.  I'm just replying so this thread stays at the top of the list till samsung decides to engage with us, or at least acknowledge the existence of the game mode problems.