cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Q90T Issues: Dimming, Chromatic Abberation, Game Mode

With the new update 1301.5 I'm having a dimming issue when playing HDR movies with subtitles on , every time the subtitles come the entire screen gets dimmer and when the subtitles disappear it turns brighter again. If you have 4K  Netflix you can try this playing OMNISCIENT episode 1 at 27:20 minute is very noticeable there . Samsung has to resolve this they are taking to long. There have to be some government agency that protects consumers from problems like this 

Highlighted
Constellation

So I did some experimenting and found that I can duplicate what you are saying when I use the Netflix app on the tv. When I watch it on my Apple TV 4K it doesn't do that. It might be a problem with the app itself on the tv.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have this issue also. Just purchased this TV. May return if it persists.

Highlighted
Asteroid

For got to add that this only happens on movie mode and filmmaker mode sorry 

Highlighted

I have the Q90T but haven't played around with Game Mode yet since my TV is used mainly for streaming.

Once you turn Game Mode On, how quickly does the entire screen become dim? I'm assuming you guys are seeing it during gameplay with your game console?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userlU6GzpQHMf wrote:

I have the Q90T but haven't played around with Game Mode yet since my TV is used mainly for streaming.

Once you turn Game Mode On, how quickly does the entire screen become dim? I'm assuming you guys are seeing it during gameplay with your game console?

It seems to happen anywhere from 5 minutes all the way to an hour or 2 before dimming so it's completely random at least for me, I know it's not the eco settings, I have them and all dynamic enhancement settings (shadows, contrast ect.) off. The actual stuff on screen will be well lit or brightly colored so it's not glitching out from a dark scene. Seems to be worse with my switch then my xbox. I was playing MODERN Warfare and it happened mid game, I could tell it happened but just barely (maybe dipping 1-5 notches) , but when playing Animal crossing it will severely dip in brightness (10-15 notches). They really need to fix this issue. Gaming features are a huge selling point for a lot of people. Gamemode performance for next gen was the ONLY reason I got this TV and it turns out to be annoying and flawed. Worst buyers remorse I've ever had.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the 75Q800T, similar issues with the Dimming are present for me when playing games disregarding if I play them In Game Mode or Movie Mode, the screen dims down by itself on random ocasions between 5mins to several hours...

Here is a similar issue from the EU forum confirmed for the Q80, Q90, Q800T
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/q80t-hdr-game-mode-brightness-local-dimming-bug/m-p/1853967#M...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Wow UK support responded right away over there. Nice to see that the states aren't alone with this issue.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Just checking back in to see if anyone has heard any new information about a possible upcoming patch for this issue. Seems like we've had no official response from Samsung yet. Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm from Brazil, and I'm suffering from this same irritating problem 😒