cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Q90t game mode local dimming is broken

When the q90t is set to game mode. The local dimming is not even 10% of what it is when game mode is off. Dark areas look blue. I know warzone is very popular now so I will use it as an example. The gunsmith area and intro loading screens look completely blue when in game mode. Toggling game mode off and you will have a hard time finding blooming at all. Changing local dimming to low to standard just increases brightness without actually getting darker. High is the same as standard. This is absolutely ridiculous when the Sony 900h has its full local dimming capabilities in game mode. This tv is nearly double the price. It is inexcusable. There is no reason why local dimming should not work the same way in game mode as it does outside game mode.

EDIT: I have posted pics that represent what I see fairly accurately. It's incredibly bad in a darker room. I took the photos that best matched what I see and focus the camera in the same area. It is accurate to what I see and anyone who has this tv can try it themselves.

Both game mode on and off had the same exact picture settings. Same contrast, same brightness, same gamma, and same shadow detail. Game motion plus is off. Turning it on doesn't matter. Local dimming in game mode is on standard because it's actually worse on high by just adding brightness so there is more bleeding. The game mode off had local dimming on high. Those are how they were set up.

HDR game mode onHDR game mode on

HDR game mode offHDR game mode off

65 REPLIES 65
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q90t game mode local dimming is broken

Have you got a video to showcase the issues.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@daparky wrote:

Have you got a video to showcase the issue

I will post pictures

Edit: I have posted pics

Highlighted
Astronaut

Q95t Russia  same problem .....

Highlighted
Asteroid

Blooming is normal on game-mode To compensate inputlag. With 9ms input lag in game-mode local dimming only work minimal to achieve it

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userjnmloBvygc wrote:

Blooming is normal on game-mode To compensate inputlag. With 9ms input lag in game-mode local dimming only work minimal to achieve it

Sorry that's not an excuse. I have a 900h that has 14ms with no difference in local dimming between game mode on and off. It looks way better in this area. There is no reason a TV nearly double it's cost cannot do the same. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Man what have I gotten myself into.  Have this the 75" Q95T coming next week.  The premium price tag gave me false sense of security that these TVs are a quality product.  But this will be a downgrade in every sense of the word over my Sony which is already superb.  Not going to open it and return it ASAP.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having this issue too, absolutely ridiculous on top of the automatic dimming after about 6 minutes bug while in game mode, will probably return my q90t

Highlighted
Constellation

I've read somewhere this issue came to be with an update, so let's hope they fix it.

Don't have the TV yet so I can't try it, but, isn't it possible to mess around in the settings? Black level and stuff. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Not really. The changes are only minor through the settings. You could put the brightness of the tv to really low levels but what's the point of getting this tv at that point