cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Q90t game mode local dimming is broken

I put my local dimming to high. The standard or low setting looks like poo. that is all I have to offer and hope it helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Mine is also with this problem, I am thinking of suing Sasmung judicially, because in my country we only have 7 days to return it and this period has already expired. Besides, this problem was the samsung itself that caused the last firmware.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes I saw. I posted my thread in yours. Now there is a thread on the US and the EU site.

Highlighted
Constellation

New update came out today: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/qled-tv-q80t-2020

Let us know if it fixes these issues.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thought I was going to get a Q90T for PS5 and Xbox Series X, Guess im not, if the game mode is bad and having issues with local dimming.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userOtDbM5moh4 wrote:

Thought I was going to get a Q90T for PS5 and Xbox Series X, Guess im not, if the game mode is bad and having issues with local dimming.

There was update 1402.1 today

Ok I only had time to try out one game and I tried warzone since I'm very familiar with it. It was a good test because I can see the black screens and local dimming performance. 

Ok so when it comes to brightness. I had game motion plus on previously. I turned it off because I expect the tv to work without it. So just loading in to the game I immediately noticed that I actually had a black in the loading screen with the big warzone lighting and soldier. Before the update, it was a completely blue screen. I used to have to turn on game motion plus to get a LESS BLUE black but I can confirm that now with game motion plus off, performance of local dimming is far better and I see legitimate black levels. I then went into the gunsmith where it previews your gun with a nearly black background. There too I saw legitimate black levels that far exceed what we had before. 

For the brightness I loaded into the campaign mission "highway of death" which is very bright. It was brighter than it was before. However I want to make this clear. I had contrast enhancer on high previously update so that did not change. I don't know how the tv was before it so if it got dinner with it off after the update I wouldn't know. What made it brighter for me was turning of game motion plus. So I would say brightness is most likely unchanged. As for the picture I easily noticed it's more dynamic. Highlights are brighter and darker areas remain dark with way less blooming than before. It's way better and more of what I expected of this tv.

I also want to tell you all that I did not have the dimming bug in game mode. Mine only did it in the standard picture preset but I don't have time to test that now. 

Lastly I want to say I'm doing this mid day in a moderately lit room. I can notice that local dimming performance is much better because blacks would look blue even during this time of day pre update. I will do more testing at night when I have time.

Highlighted
Constellation

Are you able to take the same pictures as you did so we can compare pre update to post update?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I could yes. I'm busy now so it be till night

Highlighted
Constellation

No rush. Would be great to compare as I'm ready to buy Smiley Happy