cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Q90T Issues: Dimming, Chromatic Abberation, Game Mode

I stumbled upon this post because I was having an intermittent issue with local dimming on movies. Anyone else periodically have to unplug and plug in tv to get local dimming to kick back in? Also I haven't had the issue with game mode. I'm curious what settings do you have on the tv when you are playing your Xbox?

sorry quick addition, I did notice that my problem seems to occur when I am using an external device to wake up my tv. I have an Apple TV 4K connected and when I wake the tv with the Apple TV remote it will sometimes cause the issue. Haven't had it occur if I turn on the tv with the Samsung remote then turn on the Apple TV.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It's honestly super disheartening that it's been a full month now and we have had zero contact with anyone remotely official. The screen dimming still persists every day no matter what settings I use. I have played around with every picture setting, tinkered with game motion plus, settings literally do not matter the screen will still dip in brightness randomly in game mode.  I've been trying to find a work around for a month now, It has to be a software or worse a hardware defect. Samsung for the love of god PLEASE FIX THIS! I'm starting to wonder if this would be grounds enough for a class action. I didn't spend 2K on a gaming TV for it to bug out on me every time I play. At least do us the courtesy of acknowledging the problem officially. I am officially done with Samsung, never buying from them again, worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Well New firmware released today, downloading it as I type this, stand by for update 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Well that was a waist of my time, the August 4th, 2020 upgrade file is dated back to June 17th, 2020 when I uncompressed it. The Version is still labeled 1301.5. Tried to plug the USB into the TV and it wouldn't even run the update saying my TV was already up to date. I'm really tired of this.Firmware update Aug 04, 2020Firmware update Aug 04, 2020

Old filesOld files

Is this a joke?Is this a joke?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Progress finally, one of the Samsung engineers reached out and I shared what information I could, the link to the EU thread posted before helped us out a lot.20200806_173458.jpg

YES!

Highlighted
Asteroid

from UAE q95t same game mode dimming bug is annoying no fix. 

Top mail id to get serious response from samsung everyone pls do mail

u k . p r e s i d e n t @ s a m s u n g . c o m

Highlighted
Constellation

When new firmware Will released for auto dimming bug?

Was IT next week OR later?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This was the last I heard a little over a week ago.20200915_154013.jpg

20200915_153149.jpg

20200915_153217.jpg

No date set in stone but apparently should be fixed next update.

Highlighted
Constellation

sure enough it wasnr fixed Smiley Happy every time samsung promises a fix it doesnt come

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Can you guys also support this topic.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Q90t-game-mode-local-dimming-is-broken/m-p/143910...

Edit: I have posted pics in that thread.