Ive had my Q90t for about a month or so and all of a sudden it will not connect to my home network. All my other TVs, devices and receiver boxes connect fine wirelessly. There is a 5g access point in the same room as the tv so WiFi signal on the tv is maxed. Was working great the last time I watched Netflix a week ago.
Solved! Go to Solution.
You will need to Cold Boot the TV. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 60 seconds). Or you can unplug and plug the TV back in. This is the "temporary" fix, updates and fixes are set to go out sometime soon that will address this issue permanently but the issue should not occur again after the cold boot.
If you are still having an issue connecting after the Cold Boot of your TV continue with the following troubleshooting steps:
Check for a software update and install it if one's available:
Since you're unable to connect, you'll have to do it the manual way:
- Navigate to Settings > Support.
- Hover over Software Update to view the current software version on your TV. It is listed to the right.
- Visit our Download Center to check the latest software file for your TV. If the software version on the website is higher than the version on your TV, download it and extract the file to the root of a USB drive. Don't put it in any folder on the drive.
- Insert the thumb drive into a USB port on your TV.
- Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
- After the update is complete, try the network connection again.
Reset the TV:
Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.
Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV:
Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.
If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.
In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.
Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:
The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.
If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.
Try connecting to a different network:
This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.
Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.
If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.
Here are some service options:
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.