Original topic:

Q950T audio randomly cuts out for a second

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 10:50 PM)
userFX5qGdsp6T
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Anyone else experiencing this know a fix?

Audio randomly cuts out when I use Alexa to play music or watch a movie through Netflix. Audio on the entire system goes out for a second and then comes back. 

It once happened 5 times during 1 song and maybe 2-3 times during a Movie. Could this be my internet? Or is it a problem with Samsung. I believe one of my friends with another Samsung soundbar had the same when we were watching a movie the other night. 

25 Replies
userjcdDxtCCZ8
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

This exact issue was just happening on mine using Sky Q (UK satellite).  I turned it off at the plug for a minute and it seems to have got rid of it.  Mine is not connected to the internet so definitely a bug.

Come on Samsung it's bad enough that you are ignoring LPCM support.

userFX5qGdsp6T
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I hope it's just an internet thing. I know I can get an ethernet adapter for my firestick, but this never happened when I had the media plugged directly into my TV. 

0 Likes
user9x2hBbfZjw
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a Q900T while only using Alexa to play music will skip a beat every 2-3 minutes after its been playing for 5 minutes.  Unit is 2 weeks old and has been updated to lastest firmware 1017.5.  No problems using HMDI earc.  I have a Alexa units that nevers skip a beat playing!  I have high speed AT%T internet service.  How many  soundbar units have this problem?

@userFX5qGdsp6T wrote:

Anyone else experiencing this know a fix?

Audio randomly cuts out when I use Alexa to play music or watch a movie through Netflix. Audio on the entire system goes out for a second and then comes back. 

It once happened 5 times during 1 song and maybe 2-3 times during a Movie. Could this be my internet? Or is it a problem with Samsung. I believe one of my friends with another Samsung soundbar had the same when we were watching a movie the other night. 

0 Likes
userkBcUJ1QwAY
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I am having the same issue with Sky Q (e-arc) and Amazon Alexa 9on wi-fi) really annoying.

0 Likes
userFwU4KJgmSG
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have exactly the same problem. So far it seems that this happens quite often with alexa over WIFI. I haven't experienced it when watching content streamed from connected device. 

I don't think it's my Internet issue because my Alexa echo on the same network plays music without any issue at all! 

Samsung, please fix this!

useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same problem. My TV is Q90T and soundbar is Q950T (firmware version current 1017.5 as of 1/16/21). I have a Firestick 4K streaming device in HDMI-1. I actually had the problem a few days before the soundbar arrived, just with the TV, but now am using eARC connection to Q950T soundbar. Sound also cuts out frequently using Alexa for internet radio or Amazon music stations, sometimes several times per song. I can play the exact same song using Chrombook and connecting to the Q950T soundbar via bluetooth with no dropouts. The problem is most annoying when streaming a movie and sound drops out 45 minutes or an hour into it at random places. There is no bandwidth problem. I have gigabit internet service and fairly new dual band Syology router with no problems on any other connected devices. All self-diagnostics on the TV pass successfully. I was getting more dropouts when the TV and soundbar had initially connected at 2.4 ghz, but have since reset both and prioritized so they both are connected at 5ghz now, still with occasional dropouts in movies and tv app on Firestick, and much more dropouts when playing internet radio via Alexa with soundbar. This seems like it must be software related. A $1700 soundbar shouldn't have crappier internet capability than my $200 Chromebook, should it? 
Has anyone gotten any response from Samsung? Should I report to their customer service? Any other ideas?

0 Likes
userUyEfrul1mj
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a Q900T paired with a Q90 75" TV and I've been having the same issue for the last 4 weeks or so. Happens with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Plex. Happens with the built-in apps, my blueray player, and with my FireTV 4k. Sound bar is conencted via eARC to the TV. Only cuts out for 2-3 seconds but annoying as h*** given the cost of the soundbar/TV.  Local store had me tried different HDMI cables, moving the source to the HDMI port on the sound bar, different firmware, and finally just swapped me for a new unit today. Claims they've never heard of the issue before. Given the money spent, I'm not fond of being a BETA tester. 

userXRr1SpShDA
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a Q950t soundbar, with 65" Frame TV. When playing Amazon Music on soundbar via Wi-Fi, I experience multiple sound cut outs/interruptions/drop outs -- often multiple times in a single song. It's, quite frankly, unusable at this point. I have an Eero Mesh Wi-Fi network with full house coverage (main router is in the same room). I also have 7 Amazon Echos throughout the house and NONE of those units experience any sound drop outs like this. For a $1700 top of the line sound bar, I fully expect that music streaming would be a basic function that would perform flawlessly. I'm still within my return period and will see whether Samsung is able to fix this critical flaw. 

Stt1
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exact same setup and am experiencing the same problem.  It was installed and setup by Best Buy so it's not a setup problem.

0 Likes