cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Q9FN 1300.4 Update

Saw this was added to the site yesterday. Anyone try it yet?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Q9FN 1300.4 Update

I have a 55 q8fn I've installed 1300.4 so far I like the update. I've done some testing with a colorimeter and noticed an increase in HDR brightness within game mode, I measured 888 nits at 100 percent white. Before on previous fw I was only getting in the 600 nit range. 

I personally still want to see more of an increase, as in movie mode and HDR+ modes the tv can produce 1500+ range in HDR so it's too bad that game mode doesn't go that bright but with that said last few updates have been treading in right direction. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Q9FN 1300.4 Update

what about local dimming in game mode, its broken
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Q9FN 1300.4 Update

I will test it out and get back to you. What I noticed so far with this update is that local dimming has way less of effect on overall nit levels in HDR . Before setting it to anything other than high would drastically cut the overall peak brightness of the tv. In terms of is local dimming actually effective in game mode I haven't tested out yet. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I can confirm that it's still broken
Highlighted
Asteroid

There is a nice improvement in the banding macroblocking in dark areas and in the dark colors such as dark red's. But it's still "BAD", less then before but still, a bit dark in blacks, digital artifacts are overexposed, what like 4 updates later and finally some improvement, I don't know the end goal but at this rate I may buy a new Tv, because they are playing games with people, is this game mode also going to be fixed by the holiday 2020 in time for PS5, If they do what they did in this update 1300.4 one more time we should be in a better place,Samsung WHAT IS HAPPING DOWN THERE THESE INCREMENTAL UPDATES ARE NOT ENOUGH, PICK IT UP! #Turtle power 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I was a Samsung TV fanboy, always thought the idea of Samsung using firmware to nerf their tv's were a conspiracy theory until I became a victim myself, im a huge gamer and the game mode local dimming is destroyed by firmware..... im moving to Oled and will never purchase another Samsung tv again, bought this 75" a little less than a yr ago and plan on selling it asap.
Highlighted
Constellation

Yes Samsung got us with with the bait and brick. Samsung sells their tvs at a premium price by first leading you to believe in future proofing through upgradeable hardware (one connect box) which they quietly abandond. Another tatic that all manufactures use are the firmware updates. Some use the updates to increase the quality of their products. Other use firmware updates to furture proof that you will need to purchase a new product in the near future. These practices will not work because onces a brand gets a bad name the competition will scoop up the misslead customers. First no DTS support and then the tv looked better on the first day compared to now. Local dimming is terrible in game mode. The worst thing is an easy fix that is ignored.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's future "poof", broken, if they do this now who are there new customers going to be, we will all look back and say I'm not going to buy a Samsung  tv, how do they benefit from this. I'm disappointed and can wait to buy a new TV brand, if Samsung  doesn't get there act together soon. I think personally they should not release these updates this way until verifying real viability for consumers, leaving people with a crappy update for many,  many months for an even "possible" fix is bad business, now we are neck deep in a bad firmware update so its too late, so we will wait and see. If they don't  end up fixing this to a normal viewing experience, I am definitely  not buy another  Samsung  tv ( . )

Highlighted
Constellation

I will never buy a Samsung TV again. And I will recommend people around me to choose for an other brand too. This 'Premium' TV which cost me €6000,- at launch has been the biggest dissapointment ever. Even the remote control is starting to act strange too with input lag and sometimes no connection at all.

Their support ends once you bought their TV. But those connect box lies (HDMI 2.1 updates will be available in the near future) has done it for me.

Scam-sung
Never again!