cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still seeing the White Flash with QN55Q7FAMFXZA (2017) while watching Blu ray movies with ps3 not as much with TiVo Bolt. Software is updated to 1260. This still needs to fixed by Samsung. Please reply back if you're still seeing the Colored Flashes. Thanks 

userfuXtVUSwkV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still seeing them. I’m done trying to deal with Samsung. They keep not acknowledging the issue except for the QA engineers who say they know it effects TVs with a certain software code but for whatever reason they can’t reproduce it in a lab. 

My warranty is about up & I’m going to to just buy a new TV. Either Sony or Vizio depending on the state of my tax refund this year. After seeing a Vizio P-Series that supports Dolby Vision, I’ve realized that even the high-end Samsung’s are still way behind without that. Add in this nightmare issue and I’ll never buy anything Samsung makes again. Don’t know what happened to them but all they make is buggy garbage now. Had a S8 phone that I got rid of for an iPhone because that had horrible display problems as well. Too bad because I used to be a big fan of theirs.

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They sent me a new one connect box thinking that would rectify the problem but it did not. I have plenty of time left on the warranty but I don’t know what kind of TV I’ll get in Exchange because of the price I got it for. This is a nightmare for me! I don’t have the means to take the TV back and get a new one, etc. I too will never purchase another Samsung product again!

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still happening to me with 2017 QLED. This needs to be addressed with software update please.

StungSum
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A technician came to my house yesterday to correct the sudden flashes that I’ve been seeing since I purchased this TV. All he did was go to my settings and turn off the ambient lighting feature. He said the TV is trying to automatically adjust to the surrounding light and that’s what is causing the sudden flash that I see occasionally. It didn’t work! I received a new one connect box and that didn’t work. I swapped out all of my cables and reset To factory settings. That didn’t work. NOTHING WILL WORK.  From another person’s post on this site “you just need to get a brand new TV and definitely a different brand “. My TV is still under original manufacturers warranty. Place of purchase will not exchange it because it’s past the 90 day exchange policy. Originally the TV cost $1200 and I paid $599 for it. Bj’s can’t possibly offer me something comparable for that price. Guess I have to call Samsung  and try to get my money back now!   I will never purchase a  SAMSUNG product of any kind EVER!!

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yup
usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are both of you guys using surge protectors?   And is uhd Hdr thing turned on the hdmi ports you are using?    

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m using a surge protector. You think that can be the cause? It’s the same one I’ve used with my previous TVs and gaming consoles. Never had an issue

usere9a19SyhR2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Is there room on this boat for one more?

I've got a Q7F 55" and am experiencing the same white 'flash' issue whilst using my PS4Pro; the screen will occasionally 'flash' for less than a second, it seems to be happening more frequently. I'm also getting small white horizontal lines/tears periodically in games and on menu screens, anyone having this too?

I haven't had the luxury to thoroughly test the fault to rule anything out, and almost exclusively use the TV for gaming/youtube but will look to add what I can to the mix as I play around with it.. At this stage I have HDCP switched off on the PS4 to prevent the common black-outs that occur between Samsungs and the console, and the HDR switched on for each HDMI port et al. I don't know if I've seen the fault other than with the console but from what others are saying it sounds like its the TV.

Plan to recreate the fault and then start changing monitors, hdmi's etc. Am looking forward to getting some combined info on this to start ruling things out.. A ps4 is so much easier to carry than the q7f..

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the PS4 pro I was getting white flashes, split second audio dips and the infamous 3 to 5 seconds black screen. With the Xbox One X, no more black outs (Thank God) but still getting audio dips as well as split second subtle white flashes. Sometimes the flash will just be on one part of the screen. The whole screen doesn’t turn white and picture doesn’t go out at all. It’s just a very quick white flicker . Happens with games and movies. Def a tv issue because it happened on PS4 and Xbox.