cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I switched over to HDR+ using Movie mode and haven't seen any white flash for 3 days now.

user3kgThyupAZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

changing the settings or even replacing one connect and cables very often will alleviate the flashes for a while, then they will eventually return. 

userQCeokmOaX6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I’m within my return period of a Q6F, and will be swapping it out. I have the same flashing issues. There shouldn’t be this many issues with a small box. 

user3kgThyupAZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its not the one connect box causing these issues. Well atleast for most of us. I swapped out mine, and I still got flashes. Doesn't hurt to try tho

Highlighted
useraoGsx4dOA6
Constellation

QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just got my Q7F yesterday and the one connect box isn't working(allegedly). now I'm waiting on a new box which takes 5 to 10 business days. yay Samsung. I'm thinking I should just return it considering I bought it for my Xbox one x... yay for a 1600 dollar door stop!
usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay so here is what i tried so far,   I have purchased premium surge protector cost 50 bucks for 4 ports. Didnt work,  tried plugging in the wall, problem still persisted.  Purhased a brandnew ethernet 6a cable for both my xbox and one connect box, problem still continues.    I am about to try the last option.  I turned off hdr in the general settings and will report back if it happens.

i wish samsubg could address this.   Obviously many people are experiencing this! 

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also want to say its not always a white flash, sometimes it looks like its a green flash, it occurs sooo fast its reallt hard to tell. Audio is not interrupted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It only happens with external devices too. If I watch Netflix through the smart hub, it’s perfect. This tv is the biggest piece of garbage. First 3 to 5 second blackouts with Ps4, and flashes. Now flashes with Xbox. My flashes aren’t the entire screen. Usually it’s just a subtle white flicker on one part of the screen, or a brighter white flash the size of a fist. I would like a full refund for this tv. I just don’t have the time nor patience to be battling with Samsung. They are never any help and are always clueless to what’s going on.

usertfv6doZ4MO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay so i am 95% sure that it has something to do with HDR.  I turned off the HDMI UHD Color settings and so far i havent seen a single flash.        Samsung please address this,  sounds like a software issue 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It’s definitely a software issue with UHD color mode. With the PS4 Pro, I was getting the 3 to 5 second blackouts. With this setting off, it stopped. With Xbox, I don’t get blackouts but the one quick white flash and and there. It stops when UHD is turned off. Keep in mind, I had my one connect box replaced, 3 different hdmi cables, as well as main board swapped. It’s a Samsung software issue. I’m happy I’m not getting the blackouts anymore, but the flashes are definitely related to the blackouts. All stems from the same issue