cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the service tech come out when my QLED 2017 was under Warranty. He just ran tests in service menu and said my tv was fine. Mentioned to him all issues I was having like popping of sound which was fixed with Samsung engineer help with software update and I hope they can reproduce the flashes soon.

userfuXtVUSwkV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did they charge you for the visit? I’d like to have them check it out just to eliminate it being something else but they keep telling me that if the service tech can’t find anything or reproduce the issue then I’ll have to pay. I’m still under warranty & I’m not going to give them more money for an obviously defective product. 

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No they did not charge me for service tech to come out when my tv was under Warranty.

Highlighted
timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The flashes are yes worse when watching Blu ray movies with my ps3 but also happens with my TiVo Bolt. Hoping they can reproduce but at this point I learned my lesson not to purchase a future Samsung tv or any of their appliances.

userfuXtVUSwkV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I went ahead and put in a service call since I’m coming up on 2 months before my warranty runs out. Online chat told me it’s the only way to move forward with replacing the TV if the tech can’t fix it or find the problem. 

Also emailed the QA engineers to see if there’s been any progress with their tests. 

Either way, doubtful I’ll be buying Samsung anymore. Unless they really go above and beyond replacing the set with a current model. 

I’ll keep you updated if QA gets back to me. They always have though, which is about the only good thing about this whole process. 

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It might be too early to tell, but I made a few setting changes and I haven't seen a flash in a while. The 1st one won't apply for some of you, which is turning off HDMI uhd color. I'm able to do this and still get HDR because my 4K player is a Samsung model. I have done this before and still seen the flash, but this is one of three things that I tried together. Try these though: turn off all image processing features. I normally have most of them off anyway but  I never bothered to mess with the local dimming before now. I set it to low. The other ones that I always keep off include digital clean view, contrast enhancer and auto motion plus. The last thing I did is a long shot but I never noticed the feature before. Under system manager I turned off auto protection time, which on my set, kicks in every 2 hours if the tv detects a still image. I thought, 2 hours usually coincides with the flash appearing. Even though the image isn't still when I'm watching a movie, I thought maybe it could be glitching out. After making thes changes I haven't seen a flash in 4 movies. I'll keep you updated, but try these if you can and update the thread if any of these things work or not

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will take your suggestions and try all to see if the flashes come back or not. A little worried about unticking UHD setting but I'll try for a few days don't really watch anything in 4K currently with comcast cable and PS3 Blu ray movies.

userNOCpZhd0jA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya you would need the uhd setting on if your player isn't Samsung. Don't think turning it off fixed any flashing, like I said I've turned it off before and still got a flash, just wanted to be thorough in explaining the changes I made since the last time I saw the flash, and that was one of them

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I saw a flash with HDMI UHD color turned off. Did a Factory reset for the millionth time. I noticed when I did I did this right before I see the QLED Opening color screen I saw almost like a strange color pattern on the Left side of the screen I wonder if this is normal or a problem with screen/panel Itself? But technician did they say no issues with my tv when he went into service menu.

timstack
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any fix yet for 2017 QLED TV's and the color flashes?